Updates & Downloads
fenix 5S software version 2.90
as of April 6, 2017
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.90:
- Added support for GroupTrack with Livetrack. (Garmin Connect Mobile > Menu > Livetrack > GroupTrack.)
- Added support for Bontrager bike lights.
- Added support for 'Countdown Start' when using Pool Swim. (Settings > Activities and Apps > Pool Swim > Pool Swim Settings > Countdown Start)
- Added support for recording FIT files with Golf activities.
- Added instructional tips for the Training Status page and Performance widget.
- Added support for Connect IQ apps to access Bike Light features.
- Added support for Running Dynamics Pod.
- Improved messaging for when a course exceeds the device's course point limit.
- Fixed an issue with Virtual Partner not displaying time ahead/behind information correctly.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Fenix device won't auto connect to the Mobile app after powering up.
- Fixed a couple of scenarios where the 'In-activity' backlight settings were not being respected.
- Fixed an issue where the device could crash while creating custom alerts for 'Other' apps.
- Fixed an issue where Wi-Fi was still offered as a Hotkey on non-WIFI devices.
- Fixed a potential issue with Portuguese and Hebrew keyboards.
- Fixed a potential issue where LiveTrack does not stop after ending an activity.
- Fixed crash that could occur when course files with special characters were loaded.
- Fixed a potential issue where the device is not able to import certain GPX files.
- Fixed an issue where one couldn't import files from Basecamp to the device.
- Fixed a potential issue where a long course with segment data could crash the device.
- Made general improvements to increase product stability.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.