Updates & Downloads
fenix Chronos software version 5.80
as of March 31, 2017
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 5.80:
- UI improvements: more accessible, quicker control of your device.
1) Favorites app concept to help manage a long list of apps. Separate (visually and functionally) highly used apps from lightly used 'tools'. Easily promote and relegate apps according to use.
2) Expandable 'Controls Menu'(replacing the static power menu).
3) Context-sensitive menu options for quick access to common operations based on where you are in the UI.
4) Extended support of Hot Keys.
- Training Status Widget (will not populate fully until a week's worth of data is collected). Will show VO2 Max, Recovery Advisor, Training Load, FTP, Lactate Threshold, Race Predictor.
- Cycling enhancements: Cycling Dynamics, Varia Vision, Varia Bike Lights, Varia Bike Radar, Bike Segment Support, Di2 Shifter Support, ANT+ Shifter Profile Support, FTP (Functional Threshold Power) support, Dedicated Power data screen.
- New golf features: Stat Tracking, Green View (with ability to move the flag), AutoShot detection, Auto Measure.
- More sports: Mountain Bike (MTB), Treadmill, Indoor Track, Ski and Snowboard separation, Navigate, Track Me.
- Enhanced music controls with track info, current track time/duration, volume level, etc. Works with 3rd party music apps as well, Android and iOS. Important when finding the right track without needing to listen to the first few seconds of the song.
- EMOJI Support
- Split of aerobic and anaerobic Training Effect
- ANT+ Muscle Oxygen Profile Support
- Improved course navigation prompts when used with a course created with course points
- Data field overlay option on map data pages found within a chosen activity type (e.g. Hike)
- Workout UI improvements
- 24x7 calorie improvements
- Swim PRs and swim workout support
- Proximity Alerts (distance to a waypoint)
- Navigation Alerts (time or distance remaining to destination)
- Added dedicated data screens in activity for compass and elevation plot
- Moving/stopped time data fields.
- Moving average and overall average speed data fields.
- Manual switch between watch mode barometer/altimeter modes
- Improved visual UI for app/widget/watch face/data screen management
- Right-to-left language support (Arabic and Hebrew).
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.