Updates & Downloads
Edge Explore 820 software version 6.20
as of March 9, 2017
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 5.20 to 6.20:
- Added improvements for ANT+ bike lights. Added new Light Beam Activated and network Light Mode settings to ANT+ Bike Lights sensor settings. You can now configure your lights to turn On with a Timer Start by using the new Light Beam Activated setting and there is also a new Trail Light Mode.
- Added support for Connect IQ version 2.2.3.
- Fixed compass text in night mode.
- Fixed an issue that kept an alternate phone number from being selected for an Incident Detection emergency contact.
Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.20:
- Improved Touchscreen performance and stability.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 5.10:
- New feature! Connect IQ 2.2 Support: Connect IQ Apps, Widgets and Data Fields can now communicate with ANT+ Power Meters and Bike Lights that are already connected to your Edge and can also now take advantage of ANT Burst mode. In addition, Apps and Widgets can take advantage of downloadable content and the new Intents system to create new and innovative experiences.
- Fixed an issue causing unexpected battery drain while device is in sleep mode.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 4.10:
- New Feature! Added support for LiveTrack Auto Start.
- Added Touch Sensitivity setting to improve touchscreen performance with gloves and in wet conditions.
- Added the ability to swipe through data screens while recording a ride while the screen is locked.
- Improved elevation recording due to poor initial calibration and drift throughout a ride.
- Fixed an issue where position could be reported incorrectly on an iOS device.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Improved grade calculation.
- Improved interaction with Varia Vision.
- Improved Incident Detection to decrease false reports and fixed an issue causing it to be re-enabled unexpectedly.
- Added support for routing back to a Course after leaving it.
- Added Distance and Time Ahead/Behind as configurable data fields.
- Added Saved Locations to Course Creator and Round Trip Course menus.
- Fixed an issue preventing software updates from the About page.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Fixed issue where activities using Connect IQ data fields could be corrupted.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 3.00:
- New feature! CIQ Apps. This release adds the ability run Connect IQ 2.1 apps, which can be downloaded from Garmin Connect. On the device, apps can be found under the IQ button on the home screen.
- New feature! CIQ Widgets. This release adds the ability run Connect IQ 2.1 widgets, which can be downloaded from Garmin Connect. Widgets allow for convenient access to information any time. On the device, widgets are accessible by swiping left or right after pulling down the Status Page.
- Improved course route calculation times.
- Improved experience with ANT+ Bontrager Transmitr bike lights.
- Improved alert handling in Battery Save Mode.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.