Updates & Downloads
Edge 820 software version 6.50
as of April 10, 2017
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 6.30 to 6.50:
- Fixed an issue that could keep Garmin Express map downloads from working.
Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.30:
- Fixed issue causing elevation to be incorrectly offset.
- Fixed minor issues related to Connect IQ.
Changes made from version 5.20 to 6.20:
- New Feature! Added support for Shimano Di2 Synchronized Shift. Graphical Gear data fields will now blink, an alert tone will be played, and a message banner will be displayed to indicate a chain ring shift is upcoming. Synchronized Shift mode can be changed and the alert tones can be disabled through the Shimano Di2 sensor settings.
- Added improvements for ANT+ bike lights. Added new Light Beam Activated and network Light Mode settings to ANT+ Bike Lights sensor settings. You can now configure your lights to turn On with a Timer Start by using the new Light Beam Activated setting and there is also a new Trail Light Mode.
- Added support for Connect IQ version 2.2.3.
- Added segment start points to the map.
- Fixed power zone settings not being retained.
- Fixed compass text in night mode.
- Fixed an issue that kept an alternate phone number from being selected for an Incident Detection emergency contact.
- Added special characters that were missing from keyboards when entering a course or workout name.
Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.20:
- Improved Touchscreen performance and stability.
- Fixed a bug to properly set target power when using the indoor trainer.
- Improved segment experience by adding a configurable data page to display data while riding segments.
- Added Bike Lights options to Shimano Di2 remote controls. Now you can control ANT+ Bike Lights remotely with your Shimano Di2 Dura Ace shifters!
Changes made from version 4.10 to 5.10:
- New feature! Connect IQ 2.2 Support: Connect IQ Apps, Widgets and Data Fields can now communicate with ANT+ Power Meters and Bike Lights that are already connected to your Edge and can also now take advantage of ANT Burst mode. In addition, Apps and Widgets can take advantage of downloadable content and the new Intents system to create new and innovative experiences.
- Fixed an issue causing unexpected battery drain while device is in sleep mode.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 4.10:
- New Feature! Added support for LiveTrack Auto Start.
- Added Touch Sensitivity setting to improve touchscreen performance with gloves and in wet conditions.
- Added the ability to swipe through data screens while recording a ride while the screen is locked.
- Improved elevation recording due to poor initial calibration and drift throughout a ride.
- Fixed an issue where position could be reported incorrectly on an iOS device.
- Fixed calibration for ANT+ Indoor Trainers.
- Fixed Auto Sleep setting to be specific to an Activity Profile.
- Improved Lap Summary page load time.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Improved grade calculation.
- Improved interaction with Varia Vision.
- Improved Incident Detection to decrease false reports and fixed an issue causing it to be re-enabled unexpectedly.
- Added support for routing back to a Course after leaving it.
- Added Distance and Time Ahead/Behind as configurable data fields.
- Made improvements to the FTP Test.
- Added Saved Locations to Course Creator and Round Trip Course menus.
- Added the ability to navigate to a Segment.
- Fixed an issue preventing software updates from the About page.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Fixed issue where activities using Connect IQ data fields could be corrupted.
- We apologize for the inconvenience, but this update will require you to pair your Edge and phone after the update.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 3.00:
- New feature! CIQ Apps. This release adds the ability run Connect IQ 2.1 apps, which can be downloaded from Garmin Connect. On the device, apps can be found under the IQ button on the home screen.
- New feature! CIQ Widgets. This release adds the ability run Connect IQ 2.1 widgets, which can be downloaded from Garmin Connect. Widgets allow for convenient access to information any time. On the device, widgets are accessible by swiping left or right after pulling down the Status Page.
- Improved course route calculation times.
- Improved experience with ANT+ Bontrager Transmitr bike lights.
- Improved alert handling in Battery Save Mode.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.