Updates & Downloads
Fishfinder 100 Blue software version 2.20
as of July 31, 2003
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Updated the French translation.
- Updated the company name text and copyright.
Changes made from version 2.03 to 2.10:
- Added Turkish language support.
Changes made from version 2.02 to 2.03:
- Corrected invalid speed calibration if calibration process is cancelled. Completing the speed calibration process did not result in the error, so there is no need to recalibrate with this software update if previous calibrations were not cancelled.
- Improved update efficiency by reducing the number of STC computations needed.
- Corrected blanking error when a zoomed sonar image undergoes a range change.
- Added more filtering to water temperature.
- Improved noise rejector some. Now less likely to reject weak signals when rejection isn't necessary.
- Corrected bottom acquisition gain computations when switching between 'From Chart' and 'Auto' depth number methods. This error only occurred when the method was switched and does not impact operation of either independent from the other.
- Use correct fish ID bitmap transforms. Transformations were working correctly by accident, now they work on purpose.
Changes made from version 2.01 to 2.02:
- Added Croatian language support.
- Turn off transmitter if unit is powered on in an overvoltage condition.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.01:
- Added European language support.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your Fishfinder inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the Fishfinder and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the Fishfinder and factory resetting the Fishfinder unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to "Un-zip" the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled "Un-zip".
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the "Close" button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Open the C:\Garmin (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named "Updater" and double click on it.
- Connect your Fishfinder to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open serial port. Turn the Fishfinder on, place it in Simulator mode (refer to your owner's manual for instructions) and verify that the Interface Mode (found under the Main Menu page, refer to your owner's manual for instructions) is set to GARMIN, GRMN, GRMN/GRMN, or Data Transfer/Host mode.
- Click on the "OK" button on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.