Updates & Downloads
Rino 530 software version 2.40
as of October 5, 2007
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Prevents occasional blanking of the screen by eliminating screen updates during radio transmission.
- Adds support for US Daylight Saving Time change.
- Improves operation of Geocaching compass page.
- Improves operation of find waypoint page if waypoint list is empty.
- Keeps radio receiver off while in charge mode.
- Prevents occasional freeze of compass dial.
- Improves satellite acquisition.
- Corrects anchor drag alarm operation.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Corrects occasional inaccuracy in longitude that can exceed the Estimated Position Error.
- Extends squelch slider range to help mute unwanted signals in noisy environments.
- Increases stuck PTT key timer from 45 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Prevents unnecessary voice muting if received squelch tone is intermittent.
- Prevents occasional lockup when autorouting.
- Uses basemap as default for city searches if supplemental map is POI data.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Improved performance of Map page when following routeable maps.
- Improved Calendar page behavior when it is included in the page loop.
- The GMRS power setting is now correctly remembered between power cycles.
- Improved performance of key beeps while receiving radio signals.
- 'Recent Find' page is now displayed correctly if it is in the main page loop but there are no 'recent find' entries.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Corrected Map Page's display of waypoints that are downloaded from MapSource.
- More accurate battery capacity reporting now provided.
- Improved temperature field response to changing temperature.
- Alarm volume is now automatically increased if alarm clock sounds but volume is set very low.
- Eliminated faint noise heard in monitor mode when volume is set to minimum.
- Improved monitor mode reponse to weak signals.
- Eliminated occasional shutdown of unit during weather-channel seek.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to "Un-zip" the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled "Un-zip".
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the "Close" button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
- If your computer asks for a driver, please see the software and installation instructions that came with your device, or download and install the USB driver from Garmin's website at www.garmin.com.
- Open the C:\Garmin folder (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named 'Updater' and double click on it.
- You should see the name of your GPS device next to the 'USB Device' option on the Updater program window. Select the 'USB Device' option, then click on 'OK' on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.