Updates & Downloads
Voice, American English-Jill (TTS) software version 1.90
as of January 2, 2008
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 1.80 to 1.90:
- Made compatibility changes for future Garmin products.
Changes made from version 1.70 to 1.80:
- Fixed a problem where voice was not handling map phonetics properly.
Changes made from version 1.50 to 1.70:
- Added support for reading SMS messages.
- Added support for mixed routes.
- Fixed problem where street name was not said when the speak key was pressed in non-routing mode.
- Fixed problem where voice would read 'del' as 'Delaware' in street names.
Changes made from version 1.40 to 1.50:
- Improved the phonetical pronunciation of many words.
- Added support for other vehicle types.
- Corrected problem where voice would speak even when user selected the 'speak key only' mode.
- Added handling for more abbreviations.
Changes made from version 1.0 to 1.4:
- Fixed problem where current road name was not spoken and it should have been.
- Added speaking of 'Please drive to highlighted route'.
- Removed directionals (North, South, etc....)
- Improved guidance given when arriving at destination
- Changed name of voice displayed on unit so that it fully identifies the voice
- Corrected problem where FM was always spoken as 'Federated States of Micronesia'
- Fixed abbreviation problems where 'HWY' and 'HwY' were not being spoken as 'Highway'
- Improved pronunciation of 'exit right'
- Removed awkward pause which occasionally occurred when giving arrival guidance.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #5 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Power your GPS using the power adapter that came with your device. Next, connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
- If a program called gStart launches during this update, please ignore it. gStart is not required to complete this update process.
- If your computer asks for a driver, you need to install the Garmin USB driver. Please see the software and installation instructions that came with your device, or download and install the USB driver from Garmin's website.
- Click on 'Download' at the top of this web page, and choose to run the file on your computer.
- Select OK, then select Setup.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.