Updates & Downloads
StreetPilot i5 software version 3.40
as of April 24, 2007
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Added support for US Daylight Saving Time change
- Added support for Brazilian Portugues voice language
- Set default country and state/region using current position for address searches
- Corrected address searching in some European cities using City Navigator NT version 9
- Corrected some display issues for third party (MPC) maps
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Corrected translation of Swedish cardinal directions
- Corrected infrequent shifting of position location
- Added support for Croatian, Greek, and Slovenian voice languages
- Corrected issue loading custom POIs from POI Loader
- Corrected route calculation issue in the UK
- Corrected infrequent issue where only a partial list of states or countries would display in the addres search
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.10:
- Added support for Polish and Hungarian voice guidance (Requires new audio version).
- Corrected a bug where MSAS test signal could cause the unit to shut down
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.90:
- Please use WebUpdater to make sure you are using the latest voice guidance.
- Improved address searches to allow for selecting which map to search on when multiple maps are available.
- Improved city searches to search across all available maps.
- Added support for New Zealand regional settings.
- Improved the timing of voice guidance prompts.
- Added support for Czech and Flemish voice guidance (Requires New Audio version).
- Added WebUpdater support for Voice Guidance updates.
- Improved voice guidance for: German, Spanish, and Portuguese (Requires New Audio version).
- Corrected a bug where navigating on a roundabout could cause the unit to lock up.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Add 'city' selection step for address and intersection searches.
- Corrected error in extended postal code searches that would cause the same result to be returned for different searches and prevented the result from being added to the 'recent finds' list.
- 'Driving away from route' is now detected more quickly.
- Disabled the 'detour' option on the main menu when satellites are lost.
- Updated text translations for Swedish, Polish, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Czech, and German.
- Fixed a problem where a user's scroll position was lost after long searches.
- Language changes are now prevented when user inserts a data card for a different region.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Correct long route calculation time in Denmark.
- Updated text translations for Italian, French, Norwegian, and Hungarian.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Corrected issue that could prevent display of Initial Setup Wizard.
- Corrected potential lock-up while drawing map.
- Modified Voice Language Processing to display percent complete.
- Added ability to clear entire entry screen. (Select 'Delete' on keyboard display, then press and hold wheel.)
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.40:
- Corrected potential lock-up due to temporary loss of satellite fix.
- Corrected problem that prevented points-of-interest searches across multiple map sets from returning all possible results
- Improved German and Swedish translations.
- Corrected issue matching diacritic characters with base characters while searching for roads.
- Added ability to display comment data in addition to proximity alarm data when reviewing Garmin Point of Interest.
- Enhanced proximity alarm tone generation.
- Download the self-extracting archive file for your Streetpilot i5 onto your hard drive.
- Connect your Streetpilot i5 to a free USB port on your PC with the correct PC interface cable.
- Unzip the files in the archive by running the downloaded executable file.
- Follow the instructions provided by the launched update application on your computer
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.