Updates & Downloads
fenix 3 HR software version 4.20
as of December 19, 2016
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.20:
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.4.
- Fixed an issue where the activity summary information being displayed to the user was incorrect, immediately after a sync.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 4.00:
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.3.4.
- Added support for LiveTrack Auto Start. Once enabled on the Garmin Connect Mobile app (More > LiveTrack), the LiveTrack session will be automatically started when the user begins an activity.
- Improved the app settings editing experience.
- Fixed a potential issue where VO2 Max was not being generated for certain users living close to sea level.
- Fixed a potential issue where the users calories could drop to 0 during an activity.
- Fixed a potential issue where users VO2 max and Performance Condition values were getting affected with non-Run and Bike activities. (Ex: Walk, Hike, SUP etc.)
- Fixed a potential issue where the Virtual Partner pace could change during a multisport activity.
- Fixed a potential issue where the track log for an activity was not being shown in Garmin Connect.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Added support for 'Find My Watch'. (Garmin Connect Mobile App > More > Garmin Devices > Connected Device > Find My Device)
- Added support for VIRB Ultra 30.
- Improved support for the new Garmin Face-It mobile app, enabling creation of a Connect IQ watch face with a photo.
- Improved the warning alert for the last length of a swim workout.
- Improved the usability of the DogTrack widget.
- Improved the Last Swim widget to display pace for open water swim activities.
- Fixed a potential issue where intensity minutes would reset at midnight.
- Fixed an issue where the units on the DogTrack widget were not in sync with the system unit settings.
- Fixed an issue where the sport weekly and monthly total list items were getting highlighted even though they are not selectable.
- Fixed a potential issue with writing developer data through apps that support the Connect IQ 1.3 SDK.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.50:
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.3.0.
- Added support for Apple Media Service - users can now control any active music player, e.g. Spotify, as well as volume. (requires iOS 8.0 and higher)
- Added support for phone apps to subscribe for more frequent data updates.
- Added support for the dog tracker widget. (Settings > Widgets > DogTrack)
- Added support for broadcasting wrist heart rate data over ANT to other devices during an activity. (Settings > Sensors > Wrist Heart Rate > Broadcast HR > In App)
- Improved wrist heart rate performance. (Requires WHR 2.70)
- Improved the accuracy of pace data for paddle sports.
- Improved how sleep movement could impact intensity minutes calculations.
- Improved the responsiveness of floors climbed data.
- Fixed potential issues with golf scorecards and summary information.
- Fixed an issue with the intensity minutes widget potentially showing dashes for high intensity minute values.
- Fixed a potential issue with access to navigation while running a Connect IQ app.
- Fixed a potential issue with access to app settings while running a Connect IQ app.
- Fixed a potential issue with the backlight failing to turn on when using the LIGHT key.
- Fixed an issue where calorie data was not being recorded correctly on the subsequent activity, after using an HRM-Tri or HRM-Swim.
- Fixed a potential issue with swim workouts.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.20:
- Added support for accessing other data screens while in a swim workout rest interval.
- Improved accuracy of distance and lap counting for Pool Swim.
- Improved Auto Lock behavior to avoid locking while in use.
- Improved the reliability of foot pod calibration.
- Improved ETA and ETE estimates when navigating a course.
- Improved label and background consistency across all widgets.
- Fixed an issue where Project Waypoint was not using the system setting for bearing units. (Settings > Sensors > Compass > Display)
- Fixed a potential issue where VO2 Max and Lactate Threshold estimates were being used incorrectly with Trail Run activities.
- Fixed an issue where distance data fields for SUP were using incorrect precision and units.
- Fixed a potential issue with high battery drain in watch mode.
- Fixed a potential issue where the user was not given a warning alert on the last length of a swim workout.
- Fixed a potential issue where certain multisport profiles were not available in the app list when navigating a course.
- Fixed a potential display issue with one of the analog watch faces. (Requires Display update 3.50)
- Fixed a potential issue with wrist HR failing to update. (Requires WHR update 2.60)
Changes made from version 2.20 to 3.00:
- Added support for Connect IQ SDK 1.2.6.
- Added support for Achievements. (Summary of personal records available after an activity is saved, and while still on the saved activity summary page.)
- Added support to turn off activity monitoring Goal Alerts. (Settings > Activity Monitoring > Goal Alert)
- Added support for post activity download of Heart Rate data from HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim sensors. (History > Activity > Download Heart Rate)
- Added support to calibrate altimeter at extreme altitudes.
- Added floors climbed history to the steps widget.
- Added the heading bug to the elevation plot page.
- Added support for saving a waypoint from the Dual Grid page.
- Added support for displaying status of GPS EPO data to the About page. (Settings > System > About > Scroll to the EPO Status Page, Note: downloaded EPO data will not always be stored on the device file system)
- Added support for viewing more than 100 Saved Locations on the device.
- Added support for Walk App (Settings > Apps > Walk).
- Added support for Swimrun App (Settings > Apps > Swimrun).
- Added additional backlight settings: a 4 second timeout and a 5% backlight level.
- Improved distance scrolling on the Project Waypoint page.
- Improved Bluetooth to phone connection reliability. (Requires BLE/ANT FW 3.50)
- Improved auto zoom during waypoint navigation.
- Improved the readability of golf course names on the golf course list page.
- Improved reliability and accuracy of Heart Rate data. (Requires WHR FW 2.30 (10.02.21))
- Improved accuracy of floors climbed data
- Fixed a potential issue where the device could crash when saving a swim activity with HRM Tri data.
- Fixed a potential issue where Intensity Minutes were not being calculated correctly for devices paired with a Heart Rate sensor.
- Fixed an issue where the Auto Scroll setting was not available for paddle sports activity profiles.
- Fixed a potential issue with Timer alarms not working as expected if Do Not Disturb was enabled.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.