GPSMAP 750/750s software version 4.30
as of July 15, 2015
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Improved support for Reactor autopilot.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Added support for GMR18/24xHD Radomes.
- Added support for GXM52 weather antenna.
- Improved support for LakeVu HD cartography.
- Addressed some potential instabilities when calculating Autoguidance routes.
- Addressed a number of minor issues.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.10:
- Corrected issue with navaid symbols drawn on charts. This resolves a drawing issue introduced with v3.70.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Fixed possible shutdown related to reception of test signals from AIS-MOB devices and Safety Related Messages from AIS transponders of certain configurations.
- Added handling for AIS-MOB and AIS-EPIRB devices.
- Added support for clearing AIS-related message banners across the NMEA2000 network.
- Added an Always Off setting to the other vessels collision alarm so that users do not have to disable the alarm each time the unit is powered on.
- Added the ability to share collision alarm settings over NMEA2000 whenever they are changed.
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Fixed potential shutdown related to display of AIS targets.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Added support for maps using simplified Chinese language.
- Updated magnetic variance values.
- Improved interaction with autopilots after reaching a destination point.
- Fixed issues with drawing radar at extreme latitudes.
- Improved visibility of 2D chart heading line when operating in night mode.
- Fixed issue with drawing some types of bridges on the Fishing Chart.
- Fixed potential issue with determining shapes for buoys.
- Added range to data displayed for AIS vessels when details are enabled.
- Fixed issue with tracking total fuel onboard when dealing with very large values.
- Made several improvements to translations.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Improved user interface support for AIS Search and Rescue Transmitters (AIS-SART). This will allow users to easily and safely respond to distress calls from other vessels.
- Improved drawing of lights on 3D charts to better indicate the currently visible light sector and added support for drawing navaids with multiple lights.
- Updated the Light Sectors setting on navigation charts. The ?Auto? setting will now show all lights with multiple light sectors, but continue to hide 360 degree lights that have an unknown range. The 'On' setting will show all lights.
- Added support for Gulf of Mexico blocks and rigs on the Fishing Chart (requires BlueChart 2011.5 or newer).
- Changed Fishing Chart to show seabed nature points.
- Added support for high resolution Sirius/XM sea temperature data. The original low resolution data may be displayed by adjusting the Sea Temperature setting in the Weather Fishing Chart.
- Added Garmin Devices menu to System Information page to quickly list information about connected Garmin devices.
- Water temperature data is now displayed in hundredths of a degree to allow users with compatible sensors to more easily detect trends.
- Updated Light Review page to ensure the proper light sector was marked visible.
- Improved calculation of certain autoguidance routes.
- Addressed intermittent problem with manually setting the date on the Tides and Currents review pages.
- Improved sonar split zoom display when in manual zoom mode.
- Improved display of double Ebb and double Flood currents.
- Fixed issue with map rotation when display is connected to a lower-frequency heading sensor or 3rd party autopilot over NMEA 0183.
- Added ability for current time to be displayed in either HH:MM or HH:MM:SS formats.
- Improved connectivity of GDL 40 after software update.
- Changed GDL 40 signal strength indicator to no longer use red bars to indicate signal strength.
- Addressed issue with updating unit built-in map from a read-only SD card.
- Fixed problem with unlocking built-in maps updates on the GPSMAP 750.
- Changed GFL 10 configuration to prevent an Invalid Tank Configuration message from appearing if multiple tanks have the same tank number, but are set to different fluid types.
- Added controls for timed-transmit to radar overlay menu.
- Added ability to restore NMEA 0183 defaults.
- Addressed problem with changing to the next and previous days on Tides and Currents pages.
- Improved the display of the auto magnetic variance setting.
- Incorporated new translations and improvements to existing translations.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Added Simplified Chinese language support.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Added Icelandic language support.
- Improved SD card driver robustness.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Added support for GDL40 GSM cellular weather receiver.
- Improved handling of marine bulletins in Canada.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Fixed an issue introduced in Release 3.10 that prevented keel offset entry when using internal sonar.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Added support for the 'Coastal Mariner' weather subscription.
- Added support for missing Sirius-XM Canadian weather bulletins.
- Improved stability of weather charts against invalid or corrupt received XM Data.
- Added Sirius-XM disclaimer to power on page.
- Fixed radar 'measure distance' cursor when zooming.
- Added switch allowing user to start route from boat or first turn. To access the new switch go to: Configure > Navigation > Route Start.
- Added support for maps with text in multiple codepages.
- Fixed display of 'Exposed Rock' with smallest symbol size.
- Improved presentation of rotary current information.
- Added ability for user to lock touch screen through power key menu.
- Added date/time information to screenshot files.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 3.00:
- Added Radar Overlay display functionality, which draws returns from a connected Garmin GMR radar over either a Navigation Chart or Fishing Chart presentation. This feature is available as Charts > Radar Overlay or Radar > Radar Overlay. Garmin recommends using a magnetic heading sensor for the best Radar Overlay experience.
- Added the option to overlay radar returns on 3D charts.
- Added ability to measure distances on radar displays in the same way this can be done on 2D charts.
- Corrected an issue where changing the system units would result in inaccurate radar range ring measurements. Range ring measurement accuracy would be restored following a power cycle.
- Added support for TOPO maps.
- Added a control for selecting between two map vehicles and multiple sizes on 2D charts. On the Navigation Chart, select Menu > Navigation Chart Setup > Chart Appearance > Symbols > Vehicle Icon.
- Added option to use GPS Heading information when drawing the Heading Line on 2D charts. This is useful for sailboats and other vessels that have a heading sensor but don't always move in the direction their bow is pointing. Note that GPS Heading is unreliable at vessel speeds near 0 knots (speed over ground).
- Moved 3D range ring labels to the side so they don't obstruct the view ahead of the vessel.
- Added support for updating the internal basemap.
- Changed text color from black to green for active AIS targets on 2D charts.
- Improved presentation of AIS vessels and AIS vessel labels on 3D charts.
- Improved visibility of AIS trails on 3D charts.
- Improved display performance of the World Map.
- Improved presentation of depth soundings on 3D charts. As depth soundings approach the horizon, they will be de-emphasized to reduce clutter on the display.
- Corrected text display for charts that use Cyrillic fonts.
- Corrected display of elevations for obstructions that are above water.
- Corrected various drawing issues around the anti-meridian.
- Added a depth log to the Sonar functions.
- Added Pic Advance control to Sonar Setup menu, which allows the scrolling sonar picture to advance faster by drawing multiple columns on the screen for each sounding returned.
- NMEA2000 & instrumentation:
- Created an NMEA 2000 Setup control in the Configuration->Communications menu and moved the Device List into the new setup menu.
- Added Label Devices under NMEA 2000 Setup which will allow labeling of NMEA 2000 engines and tanks with pre-defined names.
- Added analog display options for tank levels, rudder angle, trim tabs, bow tabs, and engine trim.
- Added option to display individual engine fuel flow rate and fuel economy numbers on the Numbers dashboard gauges page and in overlay numbers.
- Changed the Engine Dashboard page automatic gauge configuration to only show the trim gauge if engine trim is available.
- Added support for Yanmar information received via NMEA2000.
- Improved autopilot and chartplotter synergy when more than one plotter is connected via NMEA2000.
- Improved support for displaying destination waypoint information on GMI-10 instruments.
- Improved support for displaying information regarding autoguidance routes on GMI-10 instruments.
- User Data:
- Simplified the user interface for creating new waypoints via Chart Menu > Waypoints & Tracks > New Waypoint and Information > User Data > Waypoints > Options > New Waypoint.
- Added a prompt to delete unused route waypoints after deleting a route.
- Corrected an issue where trying to move a waypoint while the waypoint review page shows a map doesn't show the Move Waypoint menu.
- Corrected an issue where waypoints created by pointing on a weather chart were being created at the center of marine warning areas, rather than at the location pointed to.
- Incorporated higher-resolution system fonts for improved presentation and readability.
- Improved weather drawing performance.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Enabled drawing of some chart area types.
- Corrected a potential issue where fishing contours could be labeled using two different units of measure.
- Fixed an issue where sonar would flash an incorrect depth number under certain conditions when depth tracking lost the bottom.
- Improved sonar transmit power management in dual beam/dual frequency operation.
- Eliminated the potential for a rare graphics lock-up.
- Eliminated the potential for a rare lock-up while storing settings.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Corrected defective map drawing.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Corrected issue that caused some map areas to be shaded correctly. This issue is most likely seen as large areas filled with solid brown.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Corrected potential shutdown issue when trying to change the different Fish Species XM weather option.
- Corrected potential shutdown issue when navigating near the 180th meridian while using any of the 3D chart views.
- Corrected operation of AIS On/Off switch for NMEA2000 AIS sources.
- Corrected issue where points representing cranes had purple boxes drawn around them.
- Corrected sonar background color for Night Colors when using the Blue background.
- Corrected pointer behavior when using the Radar/Weather combination.
- Corrected color of the font used on the radar display when the White background is selected.
- Corrected issue that caused the GPSMAP 7x0 to indicate that user data transfers to SD card were complete prematurely.
- Corrected potential issues with retail Demo Mode setup.
- Improved behavior of the zoom buttons on charts.
- Improved speed of press-and-hold slider adjustments.
- Improved robustness of NMEA communications.
- Improved reliability of updating software in connected GXM-51 sensor.
- Enabled display of horizontal clearance information for bridges shown as lines.
- The GPSMAP 7x0 will now share rudder angle calibration across the NMEA2000 network to other Garmin plotters and instruments.
- Added buttons to show Previous Forecast and Next Forecast data on applicable weather charts.
- Improved experience when animating weather radar history.
- Abbreviated Arabic month strings to three characters.
- Cleaned up miscellaneous presentation issues.
- Added changes to improve production efficiency.