GPSMAP 6212 software version 5.10
as of June 29, 2015
Changes made from version 4.90 to 5.10:
- Fixed Route Creation when using filtered Waypoint Turn List.
- Improved support for Reactor autopilot.
Changes made from version 4.80 to 4.90:
- Added support for GMR18/24xHD Radomes.
- Added support for Meteor 300 media black box.
- Added support for GXM52 weather antenna.
- Added full support for Bluetooth and MTP sources when connected to a compatible Fusion device.
- Improved units consistency between bridge height and bridge horizontal clearance.
- Improved support for LakeVu HD cartography.
- Addressed some potential instabilities when calculating Autoguidance routes.
- Fixed issues with water speed calibration when using a GSD24/26.
- Other performance improvements and bug fixes.
Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.80:
- Fixed shutdown seen when connecting to a Fusion stereo that supports Bluetooth or MTP sources.
Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:
- Added support for networking with 8000 series.
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.60:
- Added support for FusionLINK media devices.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.50:
- Added support for BlueChart Mobile interface when using the Garmin Marine Wi-Fi Adapter.
- Corrected issue with navaid symbols drawn on charts. This resolves a drawing issue introduced with v4.20.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Fixed possible shutdown related to reception of test signals from AIS-MOB devices and Safety Related Messages from AIS transponders of certain configurations.
- Added handling for AIS-MOB and AIS-EPIRB devices.
- Added support for clearing AIS and MARPA-related message banners across networks.
- Added an Always Off setting to the other vessels collision alarm so that users do not have to disable the alarm each time the unit is powered on.
- Added the ability to share collision alarm settings over networks whenever they are changed.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Fixed potential shutdown related to display of MARPA and AIS targets.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Added support for 10Hz GPS receivers.
- Added support for display of simplified Chinese language.
- Added support for maps using simplified Chinese language.
- Changed simulated sonar data to use recorded GSD 26 data.
- Updated magnetic variance values.
- Added independent adjustment of pic advance for both frequencies of dual frequency sonar when using a compatible sounder.
- Improved sonar shift control for better experience.
- Improved interaction with autopilots after reaching a destination point.
- Improved visibility of 2D chart heading line when operating in night mode.
- Fixed potential lockup when viewing video in certain combinations page configurations on 6x08.
- Fixed issue with drawing some types of bridges on the Fishing Chart.
- Fixed potential issue with determining shapes for buoys.
- Added ability to sort Other Vessels list by name and distance.
- Added range to data displayed for AIS vessels when details are enabled.
- Fixed issues with system and sonar voltage alarms.
- Fixed issue with tracking total fuel onboard when dealing with very large values.
- Fixed potential issue when receiving error messages from a GDL 40.
- Fixed issue with labels for depth logs displaying depths greater than 1000ft.
- Fixed issue with label for sonar cone diameter in Fish Eye 3D.
- Improved stability of screen capture.
- Made several improvements to translations.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Addressed issue from v4.00 where water speed calibration values entered during startup wizard would have no effect.
- Fixed potential instability when performing software update on a unit in demo mode.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 4.00:
- Added support for GSD 24 and GSD 26 Digital Black Box Network Sounders.
- Improved user interface support for AIS Search and Rescue Transmitters (AIS-SART). This will allow users to easily and safely respond to distress calls from other vessels.
- Improved drawing of lights on 3D charts to better indicate the currently visible light sector and added support for drawing navaids with multiple lights.
- Updated the Light Sectors setting on navigation charts. The ?Auto? setting will now show all lights with multiple light sectors, but continue to hide 360 degree lights that have an unknown range. The 'On' setting will show all lights.
- Added support for Gulf of Mexico blocks and rigs on the Fishing Chart (requires BlueChart 2011.5 or newer).
- Changed Fishing Chart to show seabed nature points.
- Added support for high resolution Sirius/XM sea temperature data. The original low resolution data may be displayed by adjusting the Sea Temperature setting in the Weather Fishing Chart.
- Added Garmin Devices menu to System Information page to quickly list information about connected Garmin devices.
- Water temperature data is now displayed in hundredths of a degree to allow users with compatible sensors to more easily detect trends.
- Updated Light Review page to ensure the proper light sector was marked visible.
- Improved calculation of certain autoguidance routes.
- Increased maximum Fuel Capacity value to 65,000 liters.
- Addressed intermittent problem with manually setting the date on the Tides and Currents review pages.
- Improved sonar split zoom display when in manual zoom mode.
- Improved display of double Ebb and double Flood currents.
- Fixed issue with map rotation when display is connected to a lower-frequency heading sensor or 3rd party autopilot over NMEA 0183.
- Added ability for current time to be displayed in either HH:MM or HH:MM:SS formats.
- Addressed problem with remote power on feature.
- Changed Add Fuel feature to better estimate fuel added.
- Improved connectivity of GDL 40 after software update.
- Changed GDL 40 signal strength indicator to no longer use red bars to indicate signal strength.
- Addressed issue with updating unit built-in map from a read-only SD card.
- Improved support for Airmar NMEA 2000 water temperature sensors.
- Changed GFL 10 configuration to prevent an Invalid Tank Configuration message from appearing if multiple tanks have the same tank number, but are set to different fluid types.
- Improved display of Wind VMG data while performing Go To navigation.
- Addressed problem with changing to the next and previous days on Tides and Currents pages.
- Fixed issue with text clipping on Graphs.
- Added copyright information for built-in maps to System Information page.
- Incorporated new translations and improvements to existing translations.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Fixed issue with visibility of weather button.
- Fixed potential shutdown related to map card insertion.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Added support for GDL40.
- Improved support for Canadian Forecasts.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Corrected chart presentation in 3d views.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Added support for topographic maps.
- Added switch allowing user to start route from boat or first turn.
- Added GPS Heading as an option for display in cruising data-bar.
- Added support for maps with text in multiple codepages.
- Added controls for timed transmission to radar overlay when radar is in Sentry mode.
- Added date/time information to screenshot files.
- Added ability for user to lock touch screen through power key menu.
- Improved sensitivity of auto-backlight adjustment when slowly transitioning from dark to light.
- Fixed occasional lockup during software updates when devices were trying to reboot.
- Improved presentation of rotary current information
- Overhauled display of AIS in 3D presentations.
- Perform network-wide clear of Maximum Rated RPM banner
- Improved stability of weather charts against invalid or corrupt received XM Data.
- Fixed issue where occasionally invalid data was being drawn on tides and currents page.
- Fixed issues with radar colors when transitioning from day to night mode.
- Improved image panning when zoomed on aerial photos.
- Fixed display of 'Exposed Rock' with smallest symbol size.
- Send out empty WIMWV sentence instead of last good data when wind source is lost.
- Added support for missing Sirius-XM Canadian weather bulletins.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Resolved issue with map authentication.
- Fixed source of potential lockups on radar and sonar pages.
- Resolved issues with compass rose drawing.
- Improved behavior of cursor when using measure tool for radar.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 3.10:
- Modified engine dashboards to better accommodate engines that don't output trim data.
- Added Fuel Flow Rate (per engine), Boost Pressure, Fuel Pressure, and Transmission Oil Temperature to available combinations data items.
- Add ability to share custom gauge limits over the network.
- Allowed textual labeling of engine and tank data (port, starboard, etc.).
- Added Graphical Display of data in Combinations and Customizable cruising numbers for NMEA2000 Adapters including Rudder Angle, Bow/Trim tabs, Engine Trim, Various Tank Levels, Smaller and Selectable boat icons for 2d Charts.
- Added an improved method of manual waypoint entry.
- Added Sonar Picture Advance control.
- Added a user control to the 2D maps that allow the 'Heading Line' to use Course over Ground instead of Magnetic Heading.
- Modified the Keel Offset, Temp Offset and Water Speed Calibration under My Boat to affect preferred Depth, Water Temp, or Water Speed sources respectively, even if those sources are from NMEA 2000 devices which previously could only be configured through the device review page.
- Improved map drawing and stability around the antemeridian.
- Added Radar Measurement Tool.
- Added support for updating the internal basemap.
- Resolved issue that would cause lockups during power-up.
- Fixed issues where fishing contours and spot soundings would display in different units on the fishing chart.
- Resolved potential lockup on 3d charts.
- Restored drawing of misc marine areas (turbulent areas).
- Fixed issue where Mariner's Eye 3d could stop drawing terrain in some areas.
- Fixed bug where auto guidance safe depth didn't set properly above 5.5m.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Eliminated the potential for a rare lock-up while storing settings.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Added support for outputting cross-track error over NMEA0183 with up to three decimal places of precision.
- Added support for outputting MARPA target tracking messages over NMEA0183.
- Added support for Yanmar engine tilt and oil pressure.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Corrected defective map drawing
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Improved keyboard layout options for some languages
- Improved backlight brightness behavior at low levels
- Improved autopilot and chartplotter synergy when arriving at destination
- Fixed issues with map sharing between networked units
- Fixed 3d chart issues near anti-meridian
- Fixed 2d chart issues when zoomed out near Canary Islands
- Corrected issue that caused some map areas to be shaded incorrectly. This issue is most likely seen as large areas filled with solid brown.