GMI 10 software version 3.70
as of April 23, 2012
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Updated the Magnetic Variance calucation with new projected values.
- Increased the total fuel capacity allowed to 25,000 US gallons.
- Increased precision when calculating the total fuel remaining.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Fixed an issue which can cause trip data to not be saved when the unit powers down.
- Modified the Auto Power feature to allow individual customization of each unit.
- Increased the precision of the Water Temperature display.
- Fixed issue with responsiveness on the Custom Engine Status Alarm page.
- Corrected an issue with some menus not updating the current setting text when settings are shared across the network.
- Fixed display of text in gauge scale customization menu in certain European languages.
- Changed to translate the 'Unit ID' string in the System Information page.
- Corrected the handling of invalid wind speed and angle data received through NMEA 0183.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Extended support for AutoAnchor devices, including the ability to configure the Windlass Profile and set alarms related
to rode deployment.
- Changed the graph pages to support greater values for the minimum, maximum, and current readings.
- Modified the 'Total Fuel Onboard' alarm menu to allow five-digit fuel volumes.
- Changed NMEA 2000 Registration Number 193 from 'Jeppesen' to 'Nobeltec'.
- Modified to prevent the user from setting Fuel Capacity to zero.
- Fixed issues with alarm configuration.
- Improved demo mode longevity by fixing issue that can occur with increased run time.
- Fixed text on the engine instruments in the Russian and Greek languages.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Changed Engine Hours display to always use one decimal point of precision.
- Increased maximum Fuel Capacity setting to 17,000 gallons.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Created an NMEA 2000 Setup menu in the Setup menu and moved the Device List into the new setup menu.
- Added Label Devices under NMEA 2000 Setup which will allow labeling of NMEA 2000 engines and tanks with pre-defined names.
- Changed the Engine instrument automatic gauge configuration to only show the trim gauge if engine trim is available.
- Added a GPS custom category and moved GPS Speed, Course Over Ground, and Position from the Navigation category.
- Added support for GPS Error and Elevation custom fields. These may be found in the new GPS category.
- Added Time to Next, Arrival at Next, Distance to Destination, Time to Destination, and Arrival at Destination custom fields. These may be found in the Navigation category.
- Added Engine Fuel Flow Rate and Engine Fuel Economy to the Fuel category. These may also be added from the Engine category.
- Added support for Yanmar oil pressure, engine tilt, and status alarms.
- Fixed issue with Waypoint VMG field appearing blank when navigation data is sent from certain Garmin chartplotters.
- Increased font sizes used in Fuel Flow Rate, Humidity, and Off Course custom fields.
- Decreased font size used in Trip Fuel Used and Seasonal Fuel Used custom fields.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Added fuel data to the Engine instrument; either fuel volume (calculated from fuel flow data) or fuel level (calculated from fuel level data) may be displayed.
- Added ability to customize Engine instrument gauge display based on the engine data being received via NMEA2000.
- Added support for Engine Trim and Trim Tabs Pop-Ups, which automatically display these instruments when the user changes the Engine Trim or Trim Tab level using the vessel's mechanical controls.
- Added support for Battery Status NMEA 2000 PGN (127508) and added Battery Voltage, Battery Current, Battery Temperature, and Battery Power instruments.
- Added Trip Fuel Used and Seasonal Fuel Used instruments.
- Added Engine Throttle instrument.
- Added support for HDT and THS (True Heading) NMEA 0183 sentences.
- Added Anchor Rode Deployed instrument that receives data from an AutoAnchor 601 device connected via NMEA 0183.
- Added ability to configure Heading Sensor Update Rate for Airmar H2183 heading sensor.
- Changed digital Fuel Flow Rate instruments to display warnings when Gauge Limits have been exceeded.
- Moved Engine Hours display from the Engine instrument to the NMEA 2000 Devices menu. Engine hours is also available as a Custom instrument display option.
- Added Vessel category to Custom instrument configuration menu. Rudder Angle, Bow Tabs, and Trim Tabs were moved from the Engine category to this category.
- Changed GRA 10 calibration so that max rudder angle is automatically shared with other Garmin devices.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.10:
- Changes to support production only; customers will not be affected.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Added support for the GRA-10 Rudder Angle adaptor.
- Added support for the GST-10 Water Speed and Temperature adaptor.
- Added support for the GET-10 Engine Tilt adaptor.
- Added support for the GBT-10 Bennett Trim Tab adaptor.
- Added support for the GFL-10 Fluid Level adaptor.
- Added support for calibrating compatible Airmar depth, water speed, and temperature NMEA 2000 smart sensors.
- Increased number of fuel tanks that may be simultaneously displayed in the Fuel Instrument from 2 to 6.
- Increased number of fluid tanks and temperature sensors that may be displayed in the custom instrument.
- Added ability to display the following temperature data in a custom data page:
- Inside Temperature
- Engine Room Temperature
- Main Cabin Temperature
- Live Well Temperature
- Bait Well Temperature
- Refrigeration Temperature
- Heating System Temperature
- Dew Point Temperature
- Apparent Wind Chill
- Theoretical Wind Chill
- Heat Index
- Freezer Temperature
- Added Drift and Anchor Drag alarms.
- Added support for Metric Nautical units.
- Added support for Custom units in the startup wizard.
- Changed instances of 'Battery Voltage' to read 'Unit Voltage,' since Battery Voltage refers to the voltage at the battery, while the display shows the voltage at the unit.
- Added numeric indicators to half and quarter screen size Trim Tab instrument.
- Added Reset Odometer option to custom data pages that have a GPS or Water Odometer.
- Fixed issue with inserting custom instruments in front of a graph.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Created a pre-configured Engine instrument, including support for both single and multiple engine displays, intelligent data organization, network synchronization of display, and improved graphical appearance.
- Added lean burn display for Honda engines.
- Added support for the following instruments:
- Engine oil temperature
- Engine coolant pressure
- Engine fuel pressure
- Engine boost pressure
- Transmission gear
- Transmission oil pressure
- Transmission oil temperature
- Fresh water tank level
- Waste water tank level
- Live well tank level
- Oil tank level
- Black water tank level
- Improved power-up backlight operation to better support night-time viewing.
- Added support for setting air and water temperature display offsets.
- Changed rudder instrument to support Simrad rudder sensors.
- Added the ability to customize the range and warning levels of gauge instruments and to share these settings over the network.
- Improved warning notification and added logging support.
- Added ability for certain alarms to be simultaneously acknowledged over the network.
- Added ability to insert a page into a custom instrument after the page currently being displayed.
- Eliminated use of dark text color as indication for when custom instrument data values are not being received.
- Improved responsiveness of the wind instrument.
- Added support for Autoguidance navigation data supplied by Garmin Chartplotters. (Must be matched with a suitable Garmin Chartplotter software version)
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Resolved compatibility issues with Yanmar engines.
- Prevented the race timer from resetting when the back button is held down. The race timer should be reset using the menu item.
- Improved the use of the back button when configuring a single custom instrument by returning to the previous menu instead of leaving instrument configuration.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Improved reliability of NMEA 2000 software updates.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Fixed handling of NMEA 2000 cross track error.
- Changed data logging task to avoid potential unit shutdown.
- Modified several pages to properly free memory and avoid potential unit shutdown.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Created a pre-configured Wind instrument, including intelligent data organization and improved graphical appearance.
- Added gauges for 360 wind, close hauled wind, and ground wind.
- Changed behavior of Custom instrument to allow user to assemble a mixture of pre-configured and customized instruments.
- Changed maximum number of custom pages to 10.
- Added logs for apparent wind speed, true wind speed, apparent wind angle, true wind angle, ground wind speed, ground wind direction, depth, air temperature, and barometric pressure.
- Added instruments for maximum apparent wind speed, maximum true wind speed, cardinal wind direction, tack heading, and Beaufort scale.
- Added instruments for rudder angle, bow tabs, and trim tabs.
- Added sunrise/sunset instrument.
- Added race timer instrument.
- Added trend calculation to barometric pressure instrument.
- Added high and low alarms for apparent wind angle, apparent wind speed, true wind angle, and true wind speed.
- Improved accuracy of remaining fuel calculation.
- Added the ability to display a depth number on the speed and heading page in the Surface instrument.
- Added support for filtering NMEA0183 wind data.
- Added the ability reset the automatic scale in graph displays.
- Added auto setting to wind speed source to automatically choose the most accurate source.
- Corrected problem in preferred GPS source menu that caused the setting to always revert to Auto.
- Corrected inaccuracy in digital ground wind direction field if GPS is not connected.
- Updated the Auckland, Hawaiian, and Eniwetok time zones to the new DST standards.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Fixed a problem where the waypoint name does not match the waypoint number while in demo mode.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Fixed a problem where the screen can turn blue after being on for an extended time.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Fixed the preferred sources menu to update immediately after changing the source.
- Corrected the value displayed for COG when speed is 0.
- Prevented air temperature sensors from showing up as a source for water temperature.
- Allowed higher priority alarms to be displayed on top of lower priority alarms.
- Corrected reporting of WAAS status from a GPS17x HVS.
- Fixed appearance of percent character at certain sizes.
- Prevented fuel values displayed in menus from rounding incorrectly in certain cases.
- Corrected updating of fuel flow in reverse flow situations.