GPSMAP 178C Sounder software version 3.10
as of August 3, 2009
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.10:
- Fixed potential issue where some 172C/178C plotters may suddenly not be able to achieve a GPS fix after a power cycle.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Fixed issue where items that are not drawn could be highlighted on the chart.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fixed problem with NMEA output stopping for a few minutes at 00:00:00Z.
- Incorporated recent changes to the Daylight Savings Time schedule to properly detect when DST starts and stops.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Added production support for different sonar components.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Fixed SBAS compatibility issues with the Japanese MSAS system.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Added support for receiving NMEA DSE sentence.
- Fixed possible shutdown problem when restoring defaults on the sonar page.
- Corrected potential issue with displaying sonar in base-page-overlayed data boxes.
- Improved language support by filling in missing translations.
- Corrected problem with compass cardinal direction letters when using Greek language.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improved SBAS search and selection process.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Added German tide support.
- Made this product compatible with MarineUpdater for easier software updates.
- Added Greek language support.
- Added Icelandic grid support.
- Fixed Recommended Route line review problem where associated depth and/or description text was not being displayed.
- Fixed problem with Restore Factory Defaults function so that it now appropriately resets the sonar settings on a GSD-20 if there is one attached.
- Corrected problem with date displayed on the tide page for tide stations in the South Pacific.
- Corrected minor problem that prevented Daylight Savings Time detection from working properly in the Southern Hemisphere when rolling over to a new year.
- Fixed potential problem with displaying extremely high or low resolution BlueChart maps.
- Improved appearance of blue colors when the backlight is set to one of its two lower levels.
- Fixed problem with violet, blue and amber marine lights.
- Added support for new Artificial Reef and Drilling Rig BlueChart point types.
- Corrected various Italian language translations.
- Fixed problem with scroll-bar not working on the exit find and review pages.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Fixed a problem where underwater waypoints stored the current water temperature instead of the sonar history column's water temperature.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the Map page's 'digital data' fields to display improperly.
- Improved the tide chart interface. Now the tide chart uses a single time axis to display tide heights using your local time.
- Added foreign language translations for 'Submerged Wreck' and 'Underwater Rock'.
- Increased the maximum number of maps that can be displayed to 1050.
- Improved the track log reduction algorithm when navigating a track that contains 50 or fewer points.
- Fixed a potential problem associated with the Bottom Lock span feature.
- Fixed one-hour-early moonrise, sunrise, moonset, and moonrise predictions when looking one year or more into the future.
- Unit now displays a message when the active track log is full.
- Unit is no longer allowed to power-up with the minimum backlight setting. This prevents potential confusion as to whether the unit has powered on or not.
- Added Universal Time ( UTC ) format.
- Added 800 mi, 1200 km, or 800 nm items to the 'Track Up Below' list.
- Added the mode indicator to the GPVTG NMEA output sentence.
- Improved behavior when trying to compensate for a backlight error, if one is detected.
- Fixed user-card-transfer problem that caused unintended modification of waypoint symbols in routes with international border endpoints.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Fixed problem with connecting a GPSMAP 172C to a GSD-20 remote sounder module.
- Fixed bug associated with doing a 'find' involving 'Marine Services'.
- Modified behavior of 'user card merge' feature to not overwrite waypoints of the same name unless the position of the waypoint is also the same. As an alternative, a unique waypoint with a slightly different name will be created.
- Corrected Daylight Savings Time problem with some Canadian tide calculations.
- Fixed various issues relating to user-card transfers.
- Changed the following BlueChart map labels:
- 'Non-Dangerous Rock' is now 'Underwater Rock'
- 'Submerged Wreck, Non-Dangerous' is now 'Submerged Wreck'
- Corrected Australian moon phase calculation errors.