GPSMAP 188C Sounder software version 6.30
as of May 10, 2007
Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.30:
- Fixed problem with NMEA output stopping for a few minutes at 00:00:00Z.
- Incorporated recent changes to the Daylight Savings Time schedule to properly detect when DST starts and stops.
Changes made from version 6.10 to 6.20:
- Improved WAAS search and selection process to be smarter in its handling of multiple SBAS service providers, overlapping service volumes, and exceptional conditions.
Changes made from version 5.90 to 6.10:
- Added support for receiving NMEA DSE sentence.
- Improved language support by filling in missing translations.
Changes made from version 5.80 to 5.90:
- Fixed a bug that caused extended chart information to not be displayed when reviewing a point on BlueChart maps.
- Fixed possible issue with waypoint symbol being unexpectedly changed to the generic dot symbol on user data transfer.
- Modified a handful of German phrase translations.
Changes made from version 5.70 to 5.80:
- Changed to use darker shade of blue for depth contours to make them visible against lighter-colored isobathic areas.
Changes made from version 5.60 to 5.70:
- Added German tide support.
- Fixed Recommended Route line review problem where associated depth and/or description text was not being displayed.
- Added support for violet, blue and amber marine lights.
- Added support for new Artificial Reef and Drilling Rig BlueChart point types.
- Added mode indicator to $GPVTG NMEA output sentence.
- Corrected various Italian language translations.
Changes made from version 5.50 to 5.60:
- Reduced the number of colors in moon bitmap displayed on main menu celestial page.
- The color of the first aid waypoint was changed from red to blue.
- Italian translations for 'Time Zone', 'Shallow Water' and 'Deep Water' were changed.
- Added translations in all supported foreign languages for 'Non-Dangerous Rock' and 'Submerged Wreck'.
Changes made from version 5.40 to 5.50:
- Fixed various user card data transfer issues.
- Changed Austrian datum transformation parameters to dx = 594, dy = 84, & dz = 471.
- Corrected problem with Australian celestial moon phase calculations.
- Changed text displayed for 'non-dangerous rock' to 'underwater rock' and changed 'submerged wreck, non-dangerous' to 'submerged wreck'.
- Corrected a problem with UPS grid conversions in zones B and Z.
- Fixed problem with potential shutdown when using very old Almanac data.
- Improved power-up processing for better performance.
- Improved the default settings interface on the comm tab.
- Improved ability to distinguish between shallow BlueChart isobath regions.
- Changed symbol for non-dangerous rocks.
- Reduced size of BlueChart building symbol.
- Added Canadian tide support.
- Corrected potential error when using WAAS in Europe.
- Modified 'Place of Worship' and 'cemetery' symbols.
- Improved saved track color mappings.
Changes made from version 5.30 to 5.40:
- Fixed potential memory-corruption problem that could occur when tracking more than one WAAS satellite simultaneously.
- Improvement to prevent delays when using differential GPS.
Changes made from version 5.20 to 5.30:
- Corrected a problem writing to the data card that could result in an immediately apparent but recoverable corruption of the data card.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.20:
- Added new translations for the French language.
- Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select the satellite with the most beneficial corrections given the unit's current position. A unit will not use a WAAS/EGNOS satellite if the unit's current position is outside of a given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume.
- Added the ability to store and read user waypoints, routes, and tracks on/from a Garmin data card. This allows the user to back up the waypoints, routes, and tracks when the unit requires him/her to clear his/her user data. It also allows the user to transfer this information to MapSource and back.
- Improved the depth tracking algorithm. Now, the time needed to reacquire the bottom after the unit lost track of the bottom is reduced. This improvement will only be seen under extreme circumstances. Only users who have experienced long acquisition times in the past may see an improvement.
- Fixed a problem that caused inaccurate readings of a water temperature transducer.
- Fixed a problem where the Fish alarm would interrupt and cancel other persistent alarms and messages.
- Fixed a problem that caused the NMEA GPGSV sentence to not be compliant with the NMEA 0183 v3.01 Standard.
- Fixed a problem that caused the unit to incorrectly draw some BlueChart maps.
- Fixed a problem that caused the unit to not properly update its settings after the user selected the Factory Defaults option on the Sonar Setup page.
- Fixed a problem that cause the Daylight Savings Time field to disappear when the time zone was set to 'Other'.
- Fixed a problem that caused the unit to incorrectly draw the time values on the Tide page when the unit was set to a 24-hour time format.
- Corrected miscellaneous German translation errors.
- Fixed a problem with drawing names of maps on the Map Information page when the maps had long names.
Changes made from version 4.03 to 5.00:
- Many Sonar enhancements and additions, featuring:
- Added ability to show Water Temperature log graph at the bottom
of the Sonar page.
- Improved the pointer information box on the sonar page.
- The 'Pointer' and 'Adjustments' menu options are now disabled on the Sonar
page whenever sonar is turned off.
- Fixed potential lockup problem that could occur when Fish ID is turned on.
- Corrected problem with the the Sonar display field's Basic Scale not being
drawn wide enough when using Bottom Lock.
- Corrected problem that could cause the Depth Line to get 'stuck' if many
sequential down-key presses are performed in a row.
- Corrected an inaccuracy problem with the depth number that is shown next to the Depth Line when it is turned on. This problem only occurs when using Bottom Lock and does not affect any other aspects of the sonar display or depth reporting.
- Added DSC support.
- Added track line style configuration support for monochrome products and track
line color configuration support for color products.
- Implemented position Auto Averaging support.
- Improved display of cartographic hazard depths.
- Removed Simulator icon and added support for new simulator enunciator.
- Added support for localized compass letters.
- Elevation units no longer overflow to a larger unit of measure when the value
gets large. For example, if you are using Statute units and your elevation
rolls over from 999 ft to 1000 ft, the unit will now display 1000 ft,
rather than 1.0 kft.
- Added new metric version of Nautical units that underflows distance
measurements to meters instead of feet.
- Added support for Australian and European tides.
- Added support for extended (non-English language) character display on the
- Fractional data is no longer displayed in numeric distance display fields
when configured to use units of feet or meters.
- Revamped and improved retail demonstration mode, including resetting the
position and zoom levels to the position init values on demo reset.
- Improved the moon phase calculations.
- Implemented improved disclaimer page interface.
- The Tide page cursor time is now based on the selected station's time offset.
- Added progress indication when converting active track log data into a saved
- 'Track Log Full' message is now displayed when the Track Recording Mode is
set to 'Fill' and there is no more space left to record track points.
- Added Croatian language support.
- Fixed problem with missing tide extremes.
- Daylight Savings Time configuration is now allowed when the Time Zone is set
- Fixed data display problem that occurred on the Active Route page when the
name of an existing route is entered to begin navigation of that route.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.03:
- Fixed possible sonar range lock-up.
- Fixed potential Water Temperature Log graph lock-up bug.
- Lowered maximum gain slightly for factory test purposes.