GPS 17N software version 2.90
as of August 31, 2009
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Modified proprietary binary output data format to fix incorrect date/time calculation on some Garmin marine products.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fixed SBAS compatibility issue with Japanese MSAS system
- Drop WAAS satellites that are not transmitting useful data
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Improved SBAS search and selection process.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- Updated for use with Garmin marine products.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Altitude is now validated during first-fix processing.
- Improved EPH during transition from non-differential fix to a differential fix.
- Added ability to turn position averaging on and off via a Garmin or NMEA command.
- Vertical filter in now allowed to be disabled via the PGRMC sentence.
- Enhanced first-fix processing.
- Changed software version to 2.40.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Improved non-volatile memory storage of WAAS/EGNOS ionospheric mask corrections.
Changes made from version 2.11 to 2.20:
- Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select the satellite with the most beneficial corrections given the unit's current position. Units will not use a WAAS/EGNOS satellite if the unit's current position is outside of a given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.11:
- Removed position pinning. Position pinning remains off regardless of the PGRMC1 sentence command.
- Fixed problem with saving unit position in nonvolatile memory upon first fix.
Changes made from version 2.09 to 2.10:
- Added automatic position averaging when stopped.
Changes made from version 2.08 to 2.09:
- Added support for ephemeris download.
- Fixed problems where leading zeros were not being transmitted in certain fields of GPRMC and GPVTG.
- Improve eph estimate for WAAS DGPS fixes.
Changes made from version 2.07 to 2.08:
- Made improvements to alleviate the 'LOST GPS FIX' messages that were occurring on the West Coast.
Changes made from version 2.06 to 2.07:
- Fixed problem where WAAS processing could cause the unit to lock up.
Changes made from version 2.05 to 2.06:
- Fixed problem where WAAS processing could cause the unit to lock up if tracking more than one WAAS satellite
Changes made from version 2.04 to 2.05:
- Implement better validity checking on dates to prevent the date from being incorrectly set far in the future.
- Improved NMEA sentence processing to prevent long dropouts in the NMEA sentence stream.