GPS17HVS software version 3.20
as of August 31, 2009
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Modified proprietary binary output data format to fix incorrect date/time calculation on some Garmin marine products.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Fixed SBAS compatibility issue with Japanese MSAS system.
- Drop WAAS satellites that are not transmitting useful data.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fixed potential loss of user settings in version 2.70.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Added ability to turn low speed velocity masking on and off via a NMEA command.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Added a new configurable feature called PPS Auto Off Mode that is disabled by default. Enabling this feature will turn off PPS output when the GPS fix is lost. Once a new fix is obtained PPS output will resume as normal.
- Corrected the sign on integrated cycles and carrier phase data in the RCV CPO message.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Improved SBAS search and selection process.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Updated for use with Garmin marine products.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Altitude now validated during first-fix processing.
- Improved EPH during transition from non-differential fix to a differential fix.
- Added ability to turn position averaging on and off via a Garmin or NMEA command.
- Vertical filter now allowed to be disabled via the PGRMC sentence.
- Enhanced first-fix processing.
- Changed software version to 2.30.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Improved non-volatile memory storage of WAAS/EGNOS ionospheric mask corrections.
Changes made from version 2.09 to 2.10:
- Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select the satellite with the most beneficial corrections given the unit's current position. Units will not use a WAAS/EGNOS satellite if the unit's current position is outside of a given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume.
Changes made from version 2.08 to 2.09:
- There were no functional changes made for this release. Modifications were made for manufacturing purposes only.
Changes made from version 2.07 to 2.08:
- Added automatic position averaging when stopped.
- Obsoleted position pinning. Position pinning remains off regardless of the PGRMC1 sentence command.
- Fixed problem with saving unit position in nonvol upon first fix.
Changes made from version 2.06 to 2.07:
- Added support for ephemeris download.
- Fixed problems where leading zeros were not being transmitted in certain fields of GPRMC and GPVTG.
- Improve eph estimate for WAAS DGPS fixes.
Changes made from version 2.05 to 2.06:
- Addressed problem where NMEA sentences could become intermittent and unreliable when tracking two WAAS satellites simultaneously.
- Addressed problem where an 'extra' PPS pulse sometimes occurred in marginal signal environments.
- More work on problem where the unit sometimes reported an incorrect date and time in marginal signal environments when PPS is enabled.
Changes made from version 2.04 to 2.05:
- Fix problem where unit sometimes reported an incorrect date and time in marginal signal environments when PPS is enabled.
Changes made from version 2.03 to 2.04:
- Improve velocity accuracy when PPS is enabled.