c310 street maps on SD card, European regional coverage
c320 street maps on DVD & blank 128 MB SD card, full coverage
c330 preloaded, full coverage
c340 preloaded, full coverage, speaks street names, optional FM TMC traffic alerts
c510 preloaded, European regional coverage, optional FM TMC traffic alerts, anti-theft, high-sensitivity receiver, sunlight-readable
c530 preloaded, optional FM TMC traffic alerts, anti-theft, high-sensitivity receiver, sunlight-readable
c550 preloaded, full coverage, integrated traffic receiver, anti-theft, high-sensitivity receiver, sunlight-readable, Bluetooth wireless, speaks street names, MP3 player
c580 preloaded, full coverage, MSN Direct content, anti-theft, high-sensitivity receiver, sunlight-readable, Bluetooth wireless, speaks street names, MP3 player
Yes, it really is that simple
Talk about simple. The portable StreetPilot® c550 comes ready-to-go right out of the box with preloaded maps and plenty of options. This navigator delivers the same, easy-to-use, affordable navigation as our popular selling c300 series with many enhancements like Bluetooth® wireless technology with hands-free calling, an integrated traffic receiver, MP3 player, plus much more.
New c500 series Features
In addition to the simple touch-screen display found in previous versions, the StreetPilot c550 along with its counterparts, the StreetPilot c530 and the StreetPilot c510, come loaded with new c500 series features including:
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver – provides faster acquisition times and maintains signal under heavy foliage and near city skyscrapers
- Automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, anti-glare display – makes it easier to see where you’re going
- Streamlined design – creates a slimmer, more refined shape
- Configurable vehicle icons – allow you to select a fun, customized car-shaped icon that shows your position on the map
- Garmin Lock™ – anti-theft feature that disables the unit from performing any functions until you type in a specific 4-digit PIN or take the unit to a predetermined location.
Features exclusive to the StreetPilot c550 include Bluetooth technology integrated with a microphone and dual speakers that lets you to make hands-free mobile phone calls on a compatible Bluetooth wireless phone. View incoming calls on your c550, and simply tap the screen to answer. Just speak into the built-in microphone while staying focused on your driving. In addition, retrieve and dial numbers from your personalized phone book or the phone’s call history log. You can also make calls from the StreetPilot c550's huge points of interest database – which includes hotels, restaurants, stores, and much more.
Integrated Traffic Receiver
Another feature unique to the c550 is its integrated traffic capabilities. The c550 includes an integrated FM TMC traffic receiver which notifies you of traffic, construction and weather delays and automatically suggests alternative routes.*
The c550 comes with preloaded maps of Europe or North America and includes automatic routing, 2D or 3D map perspective, and turn-by-turn voice directions that speak street names — making navigation easy. It is also an MP3 player and accepts customized points of interest (POIs) such as school zones and safety cameras.
Optional software available on plug-in SD cards, lets you instantly add new features to your c550 — without connecting to your computer.
- Travel Guide™ — gives you helpful and thorough reviews and recommendations for restaurants, hotels, shopping, nightlife, sporting events and tourist attractions. Travel Guide for Europe available for purchase. Travel Guide for United States coming soon.
- Savers Guide™ — a “geo-coded” coupon book that notifies you of nearby discounts on restaurants, hotels, shopping, and more at thousands of participating Entertainment® businesses throughout North America.
* Traffic services available only in select cities where coverage exists.
Garmin part number: 010-00522-00
Suggested Retail Price:
$405.71 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
StreetPilot c550 Features:
- Receiver: New high-sensitivity WAAS-capable GPS receiver by SiRF
- Display: Automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, anti-glare TFT LCD display, 2.8”W x 2.1”H (7.2 x 5.4 cm); 320 x 240 pixels, with touch screen
- Unit dimensions: 4.4”W x 3.2”H x 2.2”D (11.3 x 8.2 x 5.6 cm)
- Weight: .59 pounds (269 g)
- Battery life: up to 8 hours; rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling
- Integrated traffic receiver
- MP3 player
- Voice announces streets by name
- Includes Garmin Lock™, an anti-theft feature
- Configurable car icons
- Preloaded maps for all of North America or Europe
- Fingertip touch-screen interface
- Look up addresses and points of interest
- Choose 2D or 3D map perspective
- Upload custom POIs, including alerts for speed zones and safety cams
- Add optional software such as Travel and Savers Guides to personalize c550
- SD memory card expansion slot