Text-To-Speech and Optional Traffic Capability
The StreetPilot 2720 is a premium GPS automotive navigator that offers text-to-speech and traffic interface capabilities.
In addition to the turn-by-turn voice prompted navigation available in earlier StreetPilot models, the 2720’s text-to-speech functionality allows the unit to audibly announce the name of upcoming streets and points of interest (POIs), letting drivers keep their eyes on the road while navigating through busy traffic and tricky roadways.
Monitor traffic tie-ups with the addition of an optional FM TMC traffic receiver. By adding traffic services and a receiver to your StreetPilot 2720, it notifies you of accidents, road construction, and weather-related traffic delays before they are encountered, and then offers an alternate route. Simply touch the screen icon to calculate a new route.
The StreetPilot 2720 also boasts a new WQVGA, color, automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, touchscreen display that automatically adjusts the unit’s backlight for optimum viewing in any amount of light. Drivers can view the map in a three-dimensional perspective, or a top-down track-up or north-up view.
The StreetPilot 2720 comes preprogrammed with City Navigator® North America NT maps—containing detailed road maps throughout the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. This map database features nearly six million POIs —including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and attractions.
As an added benefit, you can now import customized points of interest with the help of Garmin's free POI Loader software. The possibilities are endless — upload safety cameras or school zones, and you will receive a warning if you are traveling too fast. In addition, an optional proximity-alert feature notifies you of upcoming custom POIs.
In addition to point-to-point navigation, the StreetPilot 2720 can calculate the most efficient route between multiple destinations—a real time-saver for realtors, sales forces, and errand-runners. Drivers can also tell the unit to avoid specific areas or road segments when calculating a route.
Garmin part number: 010-00408-02
Suggested Retail Price:
$969.22 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
StreetPilot 2720 features:
* PC Magazine Editors' Choice Award Logo is a registered trademark of Ziff Davis Publishing Holdings Inc. Used under license.
- Preloaded maps—ready to use out of the box
- Built-in patch antenna; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Turn-by-turn directions
- Supports FM TMC traffic alerting
- Text-to-speech feature delivers street and POI names, as well as addresses, so you can keep your eyes on the road
- Arrange destinations to minimize trip distance—a real time-saver for realtors, sales forces, and errand-runners
- Import custom POIs such as restaurants and safety cameras from industry-standard CSV files
- Proximity-alert feature warns of upcoming custom POIs, such as safety cameras and school zones
- Touch-screen and alphanumeric remote control
- View the map in either a three-dimensional perspective or top-down track-up or north-up view
- 3.8”-diagonal WQVGA color, automotive-grade, sunlight-readable TFT display; 3.3”W x 1.7”H; 454 x 240 pixels
- Unit dimensions: 5.6” W x 3.2” H x 2.0” D
- Weight: .93 pounds
- Built-in photo sensor adjusts for light conditions automatically
- Integrated dash mounting system provides easy adjustment and quick release