No matter where your outdoor activities take you, the Rino 520 keeps you on track and in touch. This rugged, two-way radio with GPS packs a bold color display, 14-mile communication range, and turn-by-turn directions — giving you peace of mind in the great outdoors. Taking it a step further, the Rino 530 adds an electronic compass, barometric altimeter, and NOAA weather receiver, making it a favorite with hikers and climbers.
Exclusive position-reporting capability and a host of other unique features, make the 520 one of the best all-in-one two-way radio and GPS receivers around. As with other members of the Rino family, the 520’s patented location-reporting feature allows you to send and receive GPS positions with other Rino users in your group. One call to your partner's Rino, and your location shows up on the map page. You can even poll another Rino user's location in emergency situations.
Additional features unique to the 520 include:
- Whopping 5 watts of transmit power (GMRS) means you can now call for help from 14 miles away (transmit power limited to 2 watts in Canada with a range up to 8 miles)
- Bold color TFT display makes it easy to see and navigate to family or friends with Rinos at an amusement park, lake, or other outdoor group activity
- Automatic route generation, off-route recalculation, turn-by-turn directions with alert tones, and icon-driven menus for finding points of interest (when combined with Garmin’s optional MapSource® City Select® software) navigate you safely to your next outdoor adventure
- Mini USB and 56 megabytes of internal memory for rapid download and lots of map storage of Garmin’s entire line of outdoor cartography
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 16 hours of outdoor use
The Rino 520 comes with a built-in detailed basemap of North and South America. When combined with Garmin’s optional City Select software, it provides automatic route generation, off-route recalculation, turn-by-turn directions with alert tones, and icon-driven menus for finding points of interest. Customize map data for your adventures on land or sea with Garmin’s entire line of optional outdoor cartography including U.S. Topo 24K, U.S. Topo, Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots ™, and BlueChart®.
Rino 520: Two-way radio with GPS keeping you on track and in touch
We are pleased to announce that the FCC has granted Garmin a waiver that
allows the Rino series units to send position data on GMRS channels. In
addition, Industry Canada has established a license-free GMRS service.
Canadian Rino units now allow users access to GMRS channels. Position
sending/polling is also allowed on Canadian GMRS channels.
Garmin part number: 010-00392-00
Suggested Retail Price:
$374.99 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
Garmin part number: 010-00392-20
Suggested Retail Price:
(for Canadian market only)
- Rino 520 Features:
- WAAS enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS receiver
- Transmit power using FRS frequency is 0.5 watt for a range of up to 2 miles
- Transmit power using GMRS frequency is 5 watts for a range of up to 14 miles (transmit power limited to 2 watts in Canada for a range of up to 8 miles)
- Channels: 7 FRS, 15 GMRS, and 8 GMRS repeater (using GMRS frequency in the U.S. requires a FCC license)
- Unit dimensions: 7.5”H x 2.3”W x 1.8”D
- Display: 1.7”H x 1.3”W, 256-color transflective TFT (176 x 220 pixels)
- Weight: 10.3 ounces
- Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.)
- 38 sub-audible squelch codes per transmission channel for semi-private radio communications
- 10 call and ring tones, 4 roger tones
- Vibration mode
- Send and receive short text notes
- External temperature reporting
- Calendar: Shows best hunting and fishing times, plus clock, stopwatch and alarm functions
- Trip computer with speed tracking, sunrise/sunset read out, trip timer and trip distance
- Storage of up to 500 waypoints, with graphic identification, and 50 reversible routes
- Robust track log: 10,000 trackpoints and up to 20 saved tracks to retrace user’s path or companion’s path via location-reporting feature
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery