The Rino 130 has a built-in electronic compass, barometric sensor, weather receiver for seven NOAA weather channels, and 24 MBs of internal memory. This handheld radio has a built-in electronic compass to give a heading while the user is standing still, and a barometric altimeter to provide extremely accurate elevation and pressure information, which will assist users in identifying weather data.
The Rino 130 provides two-way radio communication with a transmission range of up to two miles using FRS channels and up to five miles with GMRS. The integration of two-way radio and GPS enables users to transmit their position with a simple button press, allowing others to navigate to their position. The Rino 130 also has a polling feature, which allows a user to manually request GPS location information from other Rino units.
The Rino 130 offers a detailed basemap of North and South America, displaying cities, highways, railways, rivers and lakes, and borders. And because of the unit’s robust internal memory, it can store map data from a variety of Garmin MapSource® CD products, including U.S. Topo 24K™, U.S. Topo™, Recreational Lakes™, BlueChart®, and MetroGuide®.
We are pleased to announce that the FCC has granted Garmin a waiver that
will allow the Rino series units to send position data on GMRS channels. In
addition, Industry Canada has established a license-free GMRS service.
Canadian Rino units will now allow users access to GMRS channels. Position
sending/polling will also be allowed on Canadian GMRS channels. These new
capabilities are available with a simple software
update obtained free of charge from the Garmin Web site.
Garmin part number: 010-00270-03
Suggested Retail Price:
$349.99 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
Garmin part number: 010-00270-23
Suggested Retail Price:
(for Canadian market only)
- Rino 130 Features:
- 12-channel, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver
- Transmit power: 1 watt on high power (for GMRS channels), .5 watt for low power (FRS channels)
- Transmit distance: up to 2 miles using FRS, up to 5 miles with GMRS
- 14 FRS channels, 8 GMRS channels, and 8 GMRS repeater channels (using GMRS frequency in the U.S. requires a FCC license)
- 38 sub-audible squelch codes per transmission channel for semi-private radio communications
- Electronic compass displays accurate heading while standing still
- Barometric sensor with automatic pressure trend recording
- Detects up to 7 NOAA weather channels with weather alert tones
- External voice activation (VOX)
- Waterproof to IPX-7 standards (immersible in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- Ergonomic design for one-handed operation, with Call and Press-To-Talk (PTT) and Page mode buttons on the side, Power/Backlighting button on top, Volume and Zoom buttons on front, and center Thumb Stick
- Unique Thumb Stick for channel selection and volume adjustment in FRS/GMRS mode, and quick map panning, enter and selection functions in GPS mode
- Sends and receives GPS location using FRS and GMRS channels and shows them on the map
- Stores up to 500 waypoints, with graphic identification and 20 reversible routes
- Robust track log: 10,000 trackpoints and up to 20 saved tracks to retrace user’s path or companion’s path via location-reporting feature
- Trip computer with speed tracking, sunrise/sunset read out, trip time, and trip distance
- Includes a polling feature which allows a user to manually request GPS location information from other Rino units
- Sends and receives short text notes for quiet communication
- Built-in basemap for North and South America
- 24-MB internal memory for loading MapSource detail, including U.S. Topo 24K™, U.S. Topo™, Recreational Lakes™, BlueChart®, and MetroGuide®.
- Battery life of 14 hours (typical use) on three AA alkaline batteries
- Backlit display
- More than 10 position formats and over 100 map datums
- Multiple grid formats including MGRS and Loran TD
Please note: Check your local radio agency for use outside the U.S. and Canada.