Training tips from the people who designed and produced your Rino.
| Buy Now
The Rino 120 is state-of-the-art GPS navigation and two-way communications combined, with enough memory to download detailed mapping for driving, hiking, hunting, fishing—or just about anything else you can dream up.
It's waterproof and can "beam" your exact location to another Rino user on FRS or GMRS channels using "Position Reporting". The radio functionality of the Rino 120 provides two-way communications for up to two miles using FRS channels, 5 miles using GMRS channels, and you can talk to friends or family who own conventional FRS/GMRS radios. There's also a voice scrambler and a vibration mode for silent calls.
The Rino 120 has a built-in basemap consisting of American road and highway detail, along with 8 MB of internal memory for downloading additional road, street, and points-of-interest data from MapSource® MetroGuide™, Fishing Hot Spots™, Topo, or BlueChart® CD-ROMs. The PC-interface cable also comes with the Rino 120.
We are pleased to announce that the FCC has granted Garmin a waiver that
will allow the Rino series units to send position data on GMRS channels. In
addition, Industry Canada has established a license-free GMRS service.
Canadian Rino units will now allow users access to GMRS channels. Position
sending/polling will also be allowed on Canadian GMRS channels. These new
capabilities are available with a simple software
update obtained free of charge from the Garmin Web site.
Garmin part number: 010-00270-02
Suggested Retail Price:
$267.84 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
Garmin part number: 010-00270-22
Suggested Retail Price:
(for Canadian market only)
- Rino 120 Features:
- WAAS-enabled GPS receiver
- 22 communication channels: 1-14 FRS, 15-22 GMRS
- 38 sub-audible squelch codes per transmission channel for semi-private radio communications
- Transmit distance: up to 2 miles using FRS, up to 5 miles with GMRS (using GMRS frequency in the U.S. requires a FCC license)
- External voice activation (VOX)
- Ergonomic design for one-handed operation, with Call, Press-To-Talk (PTT), and Page mode buttons on the side, Power/Backlighting button on top, and Volume and Zoom buttons in front
- Unique 5-way cursor for channel selection and volume adjustment in FRS/GMRS mode, and quick map panning, entering, and selecting functions in GPS mode
- Voice scrambler and vibration mode for silent calls
- Built in basemap consisting of American road and highway detail, along with 8 MB of internal memory for additional road, lake, marine, and points-of-interest data that can be downloaded from MapSource MetroGuide®, Fishing Hot Spots®, Topo, or BlueChart CDs
Please note: Check your local radio agency for use outside the U.S. and Canada.