With color GPS terrain mapping, Jeppesen® information, and obstacle alerting, Garmin's iQue® 3600a is the real pilots' Palm®.
Ready to navigate right out of the box, the iQue 3600a combines the convenience of a Palm with the reliability of a Garmin GPS aviation portable. It's never been easier to navigate from airport to airport and appointment to appointment. Simply clip the unit into its unique yoke-mounted cradle with dedicated aviation function keys to transform it into a powerful aviation portable. Upon landing, look up an address and receive turn-by-turn directions to the front door using downloaded map data from optional MapSource CDs.
Pilots will appreciate the iQue 3600a's premium features found only on Garmin's high-end aviation portable products:
- Jeppesen, terrain and U.S. obstacles databases — along with a buit-in basemap — provide the ultimate in moving-map situational awareness
- "Terrain" mode offers TAWS-like warnings and "pop-up" alerts when proximity conflicts loom ahead — for an extra margin of safety
- Detailed Sectional chart-style overview of surface features, navaids, SUAs, towers, and more along your flight route on a crisp, colorful display — along with fast redraw rates — enhance the flying experience
- Patent-pending aviation cradle mount with dedicated Direct To, Nearest, Menu, Escape, Enter and directional rocker buttons — give pilots a user-friendly interface in the cockpit
Featuring the Palm OS Garnet, including a complete suite of personal information management (PIM) applications, voice recorder, MP3 player and Secure Digital slot for memory expansion, the iQue 3600a is a full-featured organizer. On the ground, optional MapSource® CD downloads (see product compatibility table) and user-selectable formats enable the iQue 3600a to move seamlessly from plane to automobile. Not only does this “super PDA” keep track of addresses, contacts and appointments — but it can also locate and route you to them automatically with turn-by-turn voice directions and street-level mapping.
The Garmin iQue 3600a: As more and more pilots are discovering, it's the smart way to navigate your day.
Garmin part number: 010-00385-00
Suggested Retail Price:
$1099.00 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
- iQue 3600a Features:
- Powerful 200 MHz processor powering Palm Garnet
- Standard PIM applications: Address, Date Book, Memo Pad, To Do (all of which can be synchronized with Microsoft® Outlook®), Calculator, and Palm Reader for e-books
- Internal memory: 96 MB of ROM for pre-installed data and applications; 64 MB of SDRAM for downloading Palm OS-compatible applications and map data from Garmin MapSource CDs
- Expandable memory: SD/MMC
- GPS receiver/antenna: 12 parallel channel WAAS receiver/ Flip-up integrated GPS patch antenna with remote antenna capability
- Aviation calculator applications: QueE6B and QueWeight & Balance
- GPS applications: Location awareness, electronic mapping, address lookup, automatic route generation, turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance, trip computer, tracklog, route avoidance, and Contact Locator™ (geocoding a location within the Address or Date Book applications)
- New and enhanced Que™ applications:
- QueMap: Displays a comprehensive set of mapping data, such as a basemap of North/South America; aviation navaids, airports and airspace; navigation arc overlay with configurable data fields; Sectional chart-like topographic data; and U.S. obstacles like towers and obstructions
- QueTerrain: Takes advantage of the topographic/obstacles database to alert the pilot of potential terrain conflicts within the proximity of the flight path using pop-up windows
- QueNav: Displays GPS-derived speed, altitude and guidance features in an aircraft panel format
- QueFlights: Keeps a record of flight time, mileage and start/end point as a digital logbook (also interfaces with Garmin’s PC-based FlightBook™ software
- Unit size (WxHxD): 2.8 ” x 5.0 ” x 0.8”
- Weight: 6.2 ounces with stylus
- Display: 320x480-pixel, transflective TFT display with 16 bit color
- Screen dimensions: 3.8” (diagonally)
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery/ Up to 9 hours of continuous use (at minimum backlight setting) and four weeks on standby