GPS 76 Basic GPS mapping, 1MB internal memory
GPSMAP 76 Grayscale display, 8MB internal memory
GPSMAP 76S Grayscale display, 24MB internal memory, electronic compass and barometric altimeter
GPSMAP 76C Color display, 115MB internal memory
GPSMAP 76CS Color display, 115MB internal memory, electronic compass and barometric altimeter
GPSMAP 76Cx Color display, expandable memory
GPSMAP 76CSx Color display, expandable memory, electronic compass and barometric altimeter
This product has been discontinued. We are happy to help you, and we will continue to support this product. Click on the left-hand sidemenu links or visit our support web pages for further assistance. Check out the GPSMAP 76CSx.
All other marine handheld GPS units pale when compared to the GPSMAP 76C and GPSMAP 76CS—literally.
The latest color-display technology gives both units the brightest, sunlight-readable displays available. And with brand-new state-of-the-art
receivers and powerful microprocessors, these units will give you a quick and steady fix.
Both the GPSMAP 76C and GPSMAP 76CS have the familiar GPS 76-family keypads and styling, with 115 MB of memory, an
Americas Autoroute basemap, and a
Marine Point database. Fast USB connectivity makes loading charts and maps quick and easy, while navigation instructions can be shared with
repeaters, plotters, and autopilots using NMEA protocols through the dedicated serial port.
They’re waterproof and fully compatible with MapSource products like BlueChart®,
U.S. Topo 24K, and City Select®
(which provides detailed streets for turn-by-turn guidance).
Garmin part number: 010-00353-00
Suggested Retail Price:
$535.70 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
GPSMAP 76CS Features:
- Built-in quad-helix antenna with remote antenna capability
- Electronic compass displays accurate heading while standing still
- Barometric sensor with automatic pressure trend recording
- Elevation computer provides current elevation, ascent/descent rate, minimum/ maximum elevation, total ascent and descent, average and maximum ascent and descent rate
- 115-MB internal memory for loading MapSource detail, including marine cartography
- USB connectivity for quick chart and map downloads
- 6.2" H x 2.7" W x 1.4" D unit dimensions
- Sunlight-readable display with 256-color transreflective TFT display (1.5" W x 2.2" H; 2.6" diagonally); color operating system with new look-and-feel
- Weighs 7.6 ounces (with batteries)
- LED-backlit display and keypad
- Up to 20 hours battery life (uses two AA alkaline batteries)
- Permanent user-data storage; no memory battery required
- Includes a built-in Americas Autoroute basemap with auto-routing capabilities, including highways, exits, and tide data (U.S. only)
- Internal memory is pre-loaded with a Marine Point database
- Water resistant to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (can be submerged in one meter of water for 30 minutes); rugged and waterproof housing that floats
- 1000 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 50 reversible routes
- Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS, user grid, and more
- Audible alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, and clock
- Large-numbers option for easy viewing; dual-position display mode
- Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more
- 10,000 point automatic track log; 20 saved tracks let you retrace your path in both directions
- Built-in celestial tables for best time to fish, plus sun and moon calculations
- Compatible with most MapSource products. See the MapSource Compatibility table (top right) for a list of software that Garmin recommends with this product.