Testimonials: Read the personal stories athletes have shared about how MotionBased has enhanced their training.
: Combined with Garmin GPS fitness units, MotionBased is enabling athletes of all levels to enhance their training. View this video to learn more.
Form meets function with Garmin's next-generation, sleek and stylish line of personal trainers — the Forerunner 305 & 205. Don't let their good looks fool you. These taskmasters will continually push you to do your personal best. The Forerunner 305 combines all of the popular features found in the 301 along with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver, new courses feature, and robust ANT wireless heart rate monitor for optimal performance.
Designed for athletes of all levels, this running partner and personal trainer has one goal in mind — a better you. It continuously monitors your heart rate,
speed, distance, pace and calories burned so you can train smarter, more effectively. It tracks your every move with a super-sensitive GPS that even works on tree-covered trails and near tall buildings. Receive a detailed post-workout analysis on the PC with included Garmin Training Center® software.
The Forerunner 305 keeps you on track with innovative features including:
- New! Sleek, stylish, lightweight design that "wraps" the GPS antenna around part of the wrist for a better view of the sky, improving reception during training
- New! High-sensitivity GPS receiver provides faster acquisition times and improves tracking under trees and near tall buildings
- New! Robust ANT wireless heart rate monitor with softer, more comfortable chest strap and superior battery life eliminates cross-talk with other devices to reliably measure and send heart rate data, and helps you train in your zone
- New! Customizable screens let you view up to 12 data fields on 3 data screens for immediate feedback on the information you need most when training
- Multi-sport capability lets you seamlessly transition between sports without resetting the unit, so you can use it for running, biking, and more
- Easy to use — no calibration required. Just turn it on and go
Customize your Forerunner 305 to get the most out of your training. To help you achieve your personal best, the Forerunner 305
includes the following smart features:
- New! Courses feature lets you download recorded courses and compete against previous workouts
- Auto Pause® pauses and resumes training timer based on a specified speed so you never have to start or stop the timer
- Auto Lap® records lap data when you reach a specified time, distance or position so you never have to punch the lap button
- Virtual Partner® lets you train against a digital person at specified time, distance or pace goals
- AutoScroll cycles through data pages during a workout
New! Train indoors and still track your distance, pace and calories burned with the optional Foot Pod accessory. This wireless sensor attaches to your running shoe and transmits distance and pace data to your Forerunner 305 for those times when GPS reception is unavailable.
Monitor your pedaling cadence as you ride with the purchase of the GSC 10. Like the heart rate monitor, this self-calibrating, wireless speed/cadence sensor uses the same robust ANT wireless technology to reliably measure and report your pedaling strokes per minute.
Included Garmin Training Center software helps you tailor workouts to meet specific goals and objectives. Create your own workouts or use workout templates included on the CD. Interactive analysis tools let you chart performance overlaid on a map.
You can also analyze your Forerunner data with Garmin's web-based application, MotionBased.com, which provides in-depth analysis of your workouts, online mapping, and route sharing to take your training to the next level. Endurance athletes can use the Forerunner with TrainingPeaks.com, an easy-to-use web-based training system designed to help athletes train for any event.
Forerunner 305: You'll like the results
Garmin part number: 010-00467-00
Suggested Retail Price:
$199.99 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
Forerunner 305 Features:
- GPS: High-Sensitivity SiRFstarIII™ architecture
- Wireless: Communication between system devices via ANT protocol
- Weight: 2.72 oz (77 grams)
- Display (WxH): 1.3” x 0.8” (33mm x 20.3mm)
- Physical size (WxHxD): 2.1” x .7” x 2.7” (53.3mm x 17.8mm x 68.6mm)
- Lap Memory: 1,000 laps
- Battery Life: 10 hours (typical use); rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.)
- Alerts: Time, distance, pace and heart rate
Heart rate monitor features:
- Physical size (WxHxD): 13.7” x 1.4” x 0.5” (348mm x 35.6mm x 12.7mm)
- Transmission range: approximately 3m (9.8ft)
- Battery: 3 years (1 hour per day)/CR2032 (3 volts)
- Weight: 0.74 oz (21 grams)