Testimonials: Read the personal stories athletes have shared about how MotionBased has enhanced their training.
: Combined with Garmin GPS fitness units, MotionBased is enabling athletes of all levels to enhance their training. View this video to learn more.
The Forerunner 301 identifed in the exclusive group of Outside Magazine's
2005 GEAR OF THE YEAR.
Get results in a heartbeat with the Forerunner® 301. This training partner continuously monitors your heart rate,
speed, distance, pace and calories burned so you can train smarter, more effectively. The Forerunner 301 combines the
popular features of the Forerunner 201 with a proven heart rate monitor and
Garmin Training Center® software to create a highly integrated personal training system.
Whether you are a triathlete in training or just want to see tangible results, the Forerunner 301 sets the pace with innovative features:
- Compact, lightweight and waterproof with an easy-to-read display on an ergonomic wristband
- Embedded GPS sensor provides basic navigation capabilities to tell you how far, how fast, even how to get home
- Digital coded heart rate monitor so you can see whether you are training too hard or not enough
- Multi-sport capability lets you seamlessly transition between sports without resetting the unit, so you can use it for running, biking, and more
- Easy to use — no calibration required. Just turn it on and go
Customize your Forerunner 301 to get the most out of your training. To help you achieve your personal best, the Forerunner 301
includes the following smart features:
- Auto Pause® pauses and resumes training timer based on a specified speed so you never have to start or stop the timer
- Auto Lap® records lap data when you reach a specified distance so you never have to punch the lap button
- AutoLearn™ feature learns user’s heart rate zones, adjusting them as fitness levels improve
- Virtual Partner® lets you train against a digital person at specified time, distance or pace goals
- AutoScroll cycles through data pages during a workout
Included Garmin Training Center software helps you tailor workouts to meet specific goals and objectives. Create your own workouts or use workout templates included on the CD. Interactive analysis tools let you chart performance overlaid on a map.
You can also analyze your Forerunner data with Garmin's web-based application, MotionBased.com, which provides in-depth analysis of your workouts, online mapping, and route sharing to take your training to the next level. Endurance athletes can use the Forerunner with TrainingPeaks.com, an easy-to-use web-based training system designed to help athletes train for any event.
Forerunner 301: How hard is your heart working?
Garmin part number: 010-00375-00
Suggested Retail Price:
$199.99 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
Forerunner 301 Features:
- Weight: 2.75 oz
- Display (WxH): 1.44” x 0.92”
- Physical size (WxHxD): 3.3 ” x 1.7” x 0.7"
- Lap Memory: 5,000 laps
- Battery Life: 14 hours (typical use); rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.)
- Navigation: Mark and find locations and navigate back to starting point
Heart rate monitor features:
- Physical size (WxHxD): 11.65” x 1.34” x 0.43”
- Weight: 1.55 oz