March 20, 2006
Find Adventure with Garminís eTrex Venture® Cx
eTrex Venture Cx
OLATHE , Kan./March 20, 2006/PR Newswire — Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), today introduced the eTrex Venture Cx, an entry-level addition to Garmin’s eTrex ® Personal Navigator ® product line. The eTrex Venture Cx is the least expensive eTrex handheld unit that combines expandable memory, color TFT display, USB interface, and advanced GPS auto-routing capabilities in a waterproof design.
“The eTrex product line is highly regarded by adventure seekers and outdoor sportsmen because of its full features and versatility,” said Gary Kelley, Garmin’s vice president of marketing. “And with the new Venture Cx, budget conscious users will no longer have to make compromises between advanced features and cost.”
Pocket sized and light weight, eTrex Venture Cx owners will appreciate its versatility when they are traveling on highways, waterways, or byways. The Venture Cx comes with a built-in Americas basemap. For greater mapping detail, users can purchase new microSD cards that are pre-loaded with BlueChart ® marine cartography and MapSource ® Topo and inland lake maps. The microSD card slot is located inside the waterproof (IPX-7) battery compartment. Users can also transfer routes and waypoints through the units’ fast USB connection.
Other key features of the eTrex Venture Cx:
- Display: 1.3”W x 1.7”H, 256-color, high resolution, transflective TFT (176 x 220 pixels).
- Weight: 5.6 ounces with batteries (not included).
- Battery Life: Up to 32 hours with typical use using two AA alkaline batteries.
- Auto-route basemap: General map data including highways, major roads, rivers, lakes and borders. Provides turn-by-turn directions with optional preprogrammed City Navigator cards.
- microSD card slot: Allows for storage of most MapSource products including BlueChart, City Navigator, U.S. TOPO 24K, U.S. TOPO and Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots ™ .
- Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes).
- Waypoints/Routes/Tracks: 500 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 20 reversible routes, 50 points per route. 10,000 point automatic track log; 20 saved tracks (500 points each) let you retrace your path in both directions.
The eTrex Venture Cx is expected to be available in March 2006, and has an estimated retail price of $249.99. The unit ships standard with a wrist strap, owner’s manual and quick start guide.
Garmin International Inc. is a member of the Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN) group of companies, which designs and manufactures navigation, communication and information devices - most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin is a leader in the general aviation and consumer GPS markets and its products serve aviation, marine, outdoor recreation, automotive, wireless and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in the Cayman Islands, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin, Personal Navigator, eTrex Venture, MapSource, and BlueChart are registered trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries. Anticipated product availability dates are based on management's current expectations and are not guaranteed.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.