July 23, 2006
Garminís G1000® Available for Retrofit on King Air C90 Aircraft
OLATHE, Kan./July 23, 2006/PR Newswire — Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), today announced the G1000 integrated avionics suite will be available on Beechcraft’s King Air C90 as a retrofit package. This is the first program that the G1000 will be available for retrofit. Once Garmin receives the FAA’s Supplemental Type Certificate (STC), King Air C90 operators will be able to choose from a select group of distributors that have met Garmin’s qualifications to install the G1000 on the C90.
“The King Air C90 is a highly respected aircraft that is recognized throughout the industry for its performance, efficiency, and versatility,” said Gary Kelley, Garmin’s vice president of marketing. “We look forward to providing owners of this fine aircraft with another avionics option – the G1000 – which we believe will make the aircraft safer and even more enjoyable to fly.”
The G1000 system integrates all primary flight, navigation, communication, terrain, traffic, weather, and Engine Instrumentation and Crew Alerting System (EICAS) on high-definition LCDs. The C90 avionics suite will feature a 15-inch multi-function display (MFD), flanked by pilot and co-pilot 10.4-inch primary flight displays (PFDs).
- The PFDs and MFD present traditional cockpit information in an integrated fashion on a large-format display, and puts all aircraft-systems monitoring, situational awareness, and flight-planning functions at the pilot’s fingertips
- Integrated design with reversionary capabilities, allowing all flight-critical data to transfer seamlessly to a single display for added safety during flight
- Garmin’s revolutionary new GFC 700 three axis, fully digital, dual channel, fail passive Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS). The GFC 700 features roll, pitch and yaw control, with automatic Pitch Trim control, and additional features not found in other autopilots
- Dual integrated solid-state Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (AHRS), which can align while in motion, including in-flight dynamic restarts
- Dual integrated RVSM-Compliant Digital Air Data Computers
- Integrated Engine Indication and Crew Alerting System (EICAS)
- Integrated Mode S transponder with Traffic Information Service (TIS)
- Dual integrated radio modules that provide WAAS-certified IFR oceanic-approved GPS; VHF navigation with ILS; and VHF communication with 16-watt transceivers and 8.33-kHz channel spacing
- Integrated Class-B Terrain Awareness and Warning System (TAWS) with worldwide terrain and U.S. obstacle database, which does not require an external LRU as with other TAWS systems
- Dual integrated digital audio control systems
- Fully digital Airborne Weather RADAR with Horizontal and Vertical scanning capability
- Optional integrated satellite weather datalink and digital-quality audio via XM WX Satellite Weather™ (U.S. only) through Garmin’s GDL 69A.
Garmin anticipates receiving the STC for the King Air C90 in the Spring of 2007. The initial STC will include C90 aircraft ranging from serial number LJ-1164 to LJ-1755, and candidate aircraft must have a factory-installed APS-65 Automatic Flight Control System. A list of specific serial numbers and additional information is available at www.garmin.com.
About Garmin International Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a member of the Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN) group of companies, which designs and manufactures navigation, communication and information devices - most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin is a leader in the general aviation and consumer GPS markets and its products serve aviation, marine, outdoor recreation, automotive, wireless and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in the Cayman Islands, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin and G1000 are registered trademarks, and GFC 700 and GDL 69A are trademarks, of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries. Anticipated product availability dates are based on management's current expectations and are not guaranteed.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on forward-looking statements:
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. All statements regarding the company’s future product introductions and expected product availability dates are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based on management's current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2005 filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0-31983). A copy of Garmin’s Form 10-K can be downloaded at www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.