Training Center® — Getting Started
Garmin ANT Agent™ for Forerunner®
The steps below will guide you through the Garmin Training Center getting started process. Follow the instructions below to download Garmin Training Center and upload an activity from your device.
Click the link below to download software that communicates between your device and computer and the Garmin Training Center application.
Download ANT Agent and Garmin Training Center package
Open the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to install Garmin Training Center.
Establish a relationship between your computer, USB ANT stick and Garmin device so you can transfer data wirelessly.
- Plug the USB ANT stick into a USB port on your computer.
- Bring your Garmin device within 1 meter of the USB ANT stick. If Forerunner 405, make sure the device is out of power save mode. See troubleshooting if not detected within 3 minutes.
- Click Yes to initiate pairing.
- Follow the display prompts on your Garmin device to pair with your computer.
- Enter a name for the device. Then click Continue.
Garmin ANT Agent connects with your device and transfers data to your computer.
If this is your first time using Garmin Training Center:
- Open Garmin Training Center after the data transfer. Garmin Training Center will automatically import data that Garmin ANT Agent received from your device.
If you have previously used Garmin Training Center:
- Tip: You can modify your user profile by clicking on My Activities in the tree view. Be sure to click the Send to Device menu under the Device menu to update the profile on your Forerunner device. The updated user profile will be sent to your device the next time you transfer data. (This feature is not supported by the Forerunner 50).
- If you have other Garmin devices connected to your Mac, you may have to select your device under the Device menu. This will cause Garmin Training Center to automatically import data that Garmin ANT Agent receives from your device.
Be sure to register your device to find out about software updates and take advantage of special offers.
6. Run or Ride — You’re Done!
Now, go on a run. Take a spin on your bike, or hit the gym. The next time you return to your computer, your data will be waiting for you at Garmin Training Center.